Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
They haven't got it spare to spend on one player, anyway I'm hoping they go and blow a load of what they did have on Hart

Their owners are basically operating on a breaking even or (this season) a negative net spend, that BIG STAND isn't being built for free, yeah they could spend a fair bit over the last couple of years, but it has been massively funded by shipping off a huge number of players - to the extent they are sticking 3-4 kids on the bench each week now and had to bring in absolute yardogs for buttons like Klavan etc.

this summer - they don't have that many left they can shift off, Markovic and 1/2 others like Can maybe, and thats what they will end up spending - unless they get CL and then that will give them a 30m extra bonus to spend.

Wouldn't shock me to see them shipping off one of there 'BIG names' and i don't mean sturridge as i doubt anyones gonna pay much for him with his injury record, can see Coutinho to fund brining in 1-2 players Klopp wants

You tell me, do you know if he does?

I don't know if he can, I've never seen him play. 16-year old first choice left back in the Championship is impressive.

However, you clearly just said "literally the first time I've heard his name" and then try and evaluate his ability to defend???????????????????????

Are you in the matrix.

Sessegnon - literally the first time I've heard his name. We cant be buying players because they have a good game.

I'd rather have a solid defender like Robertson at Hull. We need consistency and dependability not someone who grabs a goal and cant defend.

...we were linked to the boy in the last few weeks, Dave. It's good that we are identifying young talent and to be playing Championship football at 16 is impressive. Robertson has struggled a bit this season but he's decent. It looks like we're in the market for a LB which I think is right.

...we were linked to the boy in the last few weeks, Dave. It's good that we are identifying young talent and to be playing Championship football at 16 is impressive. Robertson has struggled a bit this season but he's decent. It looks like we're in the market for a LB which I think is right.
We desperately need one if Galloway is out of this fellers plans too. Baines is done. We need to move on from that option. Robertson is not as good as say Bertrand, but I like the idea of having a FB who can actually defend. That would be a novelty these days.

Their owners are basically operating on a breaking even or (this season) a negative net spend, that BIG STAND isn't being built for free, yeah they could spend a fair bit over the last couple of years, but it has been massively funded by shipping off a huge number of players - to the extent they are sticking 3-4 kids on the bench each week now and had to bring in absolute yardogs for buttons like Klavan etc.

this summer - they don't have that many left they can shift off, Markovic and 1/2 others like Can maybe, and thats what they will end up spending - unless they get CL and then that will give them a 30m extra bonus to spend.

Wouldn't shock me to see them shipping off one of there 'BIG names' and i don't mean sturridge as i doubt anyones gonna pay much for him with his injury record, can see Coutinho to fund brining in 1-2 players Klopp wants

I can definitely see it being Coutinho. You see the same cycle with them (and the media). It goes something like;
1) Declare Coutinho World Class. Keep re-iterating it. If he scores for the first time in 11 games go overboard.
2) Leak story of interest from different team.
3) Declare he's not for sale, Liverpool don't sell their best players, they are a better prospect, the media are corrupt for trying to sell their best players.
4) Having alerted people to his availability, when a big comes in negotiate.
5) Turn on the player.
6) Declare the player world class to get the best fee.

This process has already begun. They are comfortably on stage 2, stage 3 will be soon. Posh boy Pearce will be at it in the Echo alongside his tubby mate Atkinson from the Anfield Wrap.

He'll go, they'll spend that money. I suspect on potential like Brandt, unless he jibs them off like Goetze did last year.

We desperately need one if Galloway is out of this fellers plans too. Baines is done. We need to move on from that option. Robertson is not as good as say Bertrand, but I like the idea of having a FB who can actually defend. That would be a novelty these days.

It would be a bit of a novelty, because really the idea of a fullback being a defender first and foremost are long long gone, look around most of the top teams in footy nowadays Dave and look at the players they have playing that position, very few of them if you'd list the best attributes they have would have many stating 'defending'

As for this young lad at Fulham - no idea what he's like as a player, but i do reckon playing at that level and getting those laudits at 16 is pretty impressive like

Apparently linked with his brother too and we like him more. I can see us trying to do something about these come the summer.

I can definitely see it being Coutinho. You see the same cycle with them (and the media). It goes something like;
1) Declare Coutinho World Class. Keep re-iterating it. If he scores for the first time in 11 games go overboard.
2) Leak story of interest from different team.
3) Declare he's not for sale, Liverpool don't sell their best players, they are a better prospect, the media are corrupt for trying to sell their best players.
4) Having alerted people to his availability, when a big comes in negotiate.
5) Turn on the player.
6) Declare the player world class to get the best fee.

This process has already begun. They are comfortably on stage 2, stage 3 will be soon. Posh boy Pearce will be at it in the Echo alongside his tubby mate Atkinson from the Anfield Wrap.

He'll go, they'll spend that money. I suspect on potential like Brandt, unless he jibs them off like Goetze did last year.

Also signed a new contract - whats the bet there a nic econvenient release clause that has been inserted there by the club - one which gives them the ability to selll him whilst claiming they didnt reeally want too to their supporters.

Also signed a new contract - whats the bet there a nic econvenient release clause that has been inserted there by the club - one which gives them the ability to selll him whilst claiming they didnt reeally want too to their supporters.

Yes I can definitely see that. I'd love Coutinho here but they'd want too much money. It's hard to see him not leaving. If they miss out on CL he will be gone, as they will need the funds. FSG know they need to make some big signings this summer to try and quell the discontent.

I wonder if the articles Walsh has put out there about top young players wanting to join us relate to this kid and his brother. He said

“Even the best talents are interested in Everton. You get a pathway through to the first team which you might not get with another club.

It would be a bit of a novelty, because really the idea of a fullback being a defender first and foremost are long long gone, look around most of the top teams in footy nowadays Dave and look at the players they have playing that position, very few of them if you'd list the best attributes they have would have many stating 'defending'

As for this young lad at Fulham - no idea what he's like as a player, but i do reckon playing at that level and getting those laudits at 16 is pretty impressive like
Oh I realise I'm old fashioned about defending as a whole, never mind just FBs not defending like defenders.

One things for sure though: we need to address this position. Baines is said to be ok by Koeman tonight. We'll see. He looked injured to me and if he does miss matches to come s
It'll underline the mistake made letting Oviedo go.

Regardless, Baines is the past. We need a new LB next season.

Oh I realise I'm old fashioned about defending as a whole, never mind just FBs not defending like defenders.

One things for sure though: we need to address this position. Baines is said to be ok by Koeman tonight. We'll see. He looked injured to me and if he does miss matches to come s

I think Baines has become actually quite a decent defender, my issue is with his ability to get up and down. We will never go back to Gary Ablett but I think we can get a smart defender who can get up and down. I'd probably look to move to wing backs anyway, but if we do, the lack of legs from Baines will become more apparent.

There's no shortage of lads who can do it. Cresswell and Bertrand would be fantastic. Alternatively you can look at Robertson (or even Shaw but I'm not convinced on him) as younger players (some have also mentioned Tierney).

I think Bertrand is very good though. The hype around Rose (who is a very good player) has probably distracted people at what a good footballer Bertrand is.

It's a damn shame Maldini's sons are crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back