Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need more goals in the team (presuming we keep Lukaku). Either one of Mirallas or Barkley starts hitting 15+ a season or we bring in a second striker/wide player who can. Otherwise we'll be stuck in the same position we are.

Apparently theyre twins arent they. Seems to also be a full back so would be odd to prefer him to Ryan?

Interestingly, Ryan is also in the England u19s with 5 caps so will have played with Davies etc.
Reading between the lines we have been looking at them both before Ryans introduction to the first team.

....I fear the physicality of this league has caught up with Baines as it does with a number of small framed players. For a while now he's looked fragile which made the decision to send Galloway on loan seem puzzling. I can only think RK isn't a fan of Galloway.

I know what you mean about full backs defending but in the modern game getting forward is pivotal. We had Hibbert as an out and out defender for many years but so much more is needed now. Young Sessignon looks a good size and athletic enough to be effective at both ends of the pitch.

Ronald Koeman seems to make his mind up on players quite quickly rightly or wrongly. I'm not sure he fancies Galloway. Whats quite telling is he can't get much game time for an average West Brom side. Of course sometimes a player doesn't fit a manager and he may be getting a solid grounding in defending from Pulis.

We have to upgrade now. I think most people will now accept that Baines has to be benched permanently. If he is still starting next season we can forget a decent season.
What a load of garbage. He's a decent left back would be in most teams starting line up. I agree he should have competition and we should look to improve all areas of the team, but saying most people accept Baines has to be benched permenently is an outlandish statement.

What a load of garbage. He's a decent left back would be in most teams starting line up. I agree he should have competition and we should look to improve all areas of the team, but saying most people accept Baines has to be benched permenently is an outlandish statement.
Outlandish, no. Unsentimental, yes.

Want us to be a force in the game again? Get shut of second rate (which is what Baines is now) and replace them with first rate.

Alternatively keep hold of "one of us" and leave us seriously under strength in one of the ten outfield positions.

Reading between the lines we have been looking at them both before Ryans introduction to the first team.

The twin is a right back then or...?

Ideally i think we will look for;

GK - Pickford
LB - Sessegnon
LCB - Van Dijk
RCB - Keane
CM - ?
CM - Walsh to come through
AM - Siggurdsson
CF - Dolberg

Something along those lines with a few players out as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back