Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't
Outlandish, no. Unsentimental, yes.

Want us to be a force in the game again? Get shut of second rate (which is what Baines is now) and replace them with first rate.

Alternatively keep hold of "one of us" and leave us seriously under strength in one of the ten outfield positions.
I didn't disagree that all positions need strengthening, never made mention of one of us. I disagree that you think most people think he should be benched. Read the post before replying with more of your drivel.

I didn't
I didn't disagree that all positions need strengthening, never made mention of one of us. I disagree that you think most people think he should be benched. Read the post before replying with more of your drivel.
You're living in 2009 mate. Baines no longer does ANYTHING right.

It's sickly nostalgia to think he deserves a starting place. His legs have gone.

One new starting left back required for season 2017/18.

The twin is a right back then or...?

Ideally i think we will look for;

GK - Pickford
LB - Sessegnon
LCB - Van Dijk
RCB - Keane
CM - ?
CM - Walsh to come through
AM - Siggurdsson
CF - Dolberg

Something along those lines with a few players out as well.

Yes mate absolutely. He is the right back come centre back. With what Walsh is saying I think he is going to have a serious push at attracting lads 15-18. I believe him when he says he wants the best 5 or 6 young players. Allied to him saying every young player is interested in Everton you can see the direction of travel.

As for the list above I'm not sure. I don't think we will go for VVD. I think we've accepted he's out of our league.I also think we'll see a mixture between some established names that we know of, and increasingly more Walsh type signings.

What team has a midfielder banging 15+ goals in the league?????
Dele Alli, Mane and Hazard are the only ones who will get close this year I imagine. They are a rare breed. I would say having 1 or 2 that can get close to 10 league goals a season is more realistic. No reason why Barkley can't get that many if he keeps his consistency up and we also need another. Sigurdsson could be the one.

Yes mate absolutely. He is the right back come centre back. With what Walsh is saying I think he is going to have a serious push at attracting lads 15-18. I believe him when he says he wants the best 5 or 6 young players. Allied to him saying every young player is interested in Everton you can see the direction of travel.

As for the list above I'm not sure. I don't think we will go for VVD. I think we've accepted he's out of our league.I also think we'll see a mixture between some established names that we know of, and increasingly more Walsh type signings.
Wouldn't be too sure on VVD mate. Not saying we'll get him as I expect there to be lots of suitors, but I think we'll still be in for him. Moshiri himself confirmed we were competing (and I believe actually outbid) with Chelsea for Koulibaly last summer. Pretty certain if RK says he wants VVD then Moshiri will do his best to get him. Don't underestimate the RK factor here too.

Ronald Koeman seems to make his mind up on players quite quickly rightly or wrongly. I'm not sure he fancies Galloway. Whats quite telling is he can't get much game time for an average West Brom side. Of course sometimes a player doesn't fit a manager and he may be getting a solid grounding in defending from Pulis.

I always thought Galloway wasn't good enough. Holgate should be. I don't think Galloway will feature for the Blues again.

...listening to Kevin Sheedy on the Everton Show saying Derek Mountfield scored 14 goals during that 1985 campaign. The vast majority of them will have been from Sheedy set pieces and it does underline how important it is to have that skill set on the pitch. It's something we need to address in the summer or we are missing a trick.

What team has a midfielder banging 15+ goals in the league?????

Depends what you class as a midfielder. We play with no other recognised forward apart from Lukaku. If you are going to play the lone striker then you need a Lampard type to supplement him, or a second striker like Bergkamp was to Henry, or a wide player like Hazard is to Costa. We need a player to step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back