Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
CB partnership at Monchengladbach working very well together: Christensen and Vestergaard. 20 years old and 24 years old. Could be our Vertonghen and Alderweirald.

CB partnership at Monchengladbach working very well together: Christensen and Vestergaard. 20 years old and 24 years old. Could be our Vertonghen and Alderweirald.

They are very highly thought of, not sure how much they'd cost. Maybe ours will be Keane and Gibson!

They are very highly thought of, not sure how much they'd cost. Maybe ours will be Keane and Gibson!
Rather have them than the Dads Army of Williams and Jagielka.

I think there's more to Mori that should be coming out. He's an Argentinian international and clearly athletic and competitive, but his judgement needs working on and I would expect an ex-CB of Koeman's stature to pass good positional sense on.

I think there's more to Mori that should be coming out. He's an Argentinian international and clearly athletic and competitive, but his judgement needs working on and I would expect an ex-CB of Koeman's stature to pass good positional sense on.

I have to be honest that I'm surprised he hasn't kicked on like I thought he might. His major problem really is he's just a bit of a donkey on the ball - while he constantly looks like he's about to drop a massive clanger, he weirdly rarely makes an error that actually leads to a goal.

I'm firmly in the camp of believing that we need two first-choice CBs in the summer, not one. And I rather like Williams.

To me Dave, I just think Mori has too many mistakes in him to be considered a reliable and top class centre back. A top defender just like top class strikers have that natural ability, in the strikers case to be in the right position to score goals, or in a defenders case sense danger and clear.

I know he's only 16, but does anyone think Ryan sessegnon could be a viable shout or would we want someone more experienced challenging baines? From what I've seen and comments from pundits this lad is the real deal, but maybe too much to expect him to make the jump up to the premiership when he barely 17.

To me Dave, I just think Mori has too many mistakes in him to be considered a reliable and top class centre back. A top defender just like top class strikers have that natural ability, in the strikers case to be in the right position to score goals, or in a defenders case sense danger and clear.
An ex-Argentina World Cup winning CB rates him as a future national captain.

He's raw. But he has something. He gets unfair criticism and has been no worse than Williams, who has underwhelmed since he arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back