Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather have them than the Dads Army of Williams and Jagielka.

I think there's more to Mori that should be coming out. He's an Argentinian international and clearly athletic and competitive, but his judgement needs working on and I would expect an ex-CB of Koeman's stature to pass good positional sense on.

Collochini had about 40 caps for Argentina as well mate, and in England he was an utter car crash of a defender. Mori just isn't very good and he isn't suited to this league.

An ex-Argentina World Cup winning CB rates him as a future national captain.

He's raw. But he has something. He gets unfair criticism and has been no worse than Williams, who has underwhelmed since he arrived.
Funny how we are moaning about our defence, but the stats suggest it's the equal 4th best. I think Williams has generally been decent, he is a talker and good organiser within the defence and as being the captain of his country, he's a leader that we desperately needed at the back. I accept he no longer has the legs, but it would have been interesting to see how john stones would have fared alongside Williams. Back to mori, I feel he is better in a 3, the added pace of holgate compliments Williams and mori better. It also gives the side more width with Coleman and baines pushed on. For whatever reason Dave, I don't think koeman rates mori. This summer will give us a better indication if he has a future at the club.

I know he's only 16, but does anyone think Ryan sessegnon could be a viable shout or would we want someone more experienced challenging baines? From what I've seen and comments from pundits this lad is the real deal, but maybe too much to expect him to make the jump up to the premiership when he barely 17.

davies is only a year older and player bang in the most critical part of the pitch, so him playing left back shouldn't be too much of a problem. If he's good enough he's old enough, i have never seen him play but i've noticed he's scored a fair few goals, especially for a left back, which is great. If we went for him i'd imagine he's be rotation to start as opposed to being chucked straight in as our starting left back for league and europe ha. I do like that we want to snap up all the young talent going around. Spurs are only getting better and better after plucking alli from the lower leagues and giving kane a chance from the youth, much more success than the £30m they spent on lamela and the £26m on soldado (for example.

Collochini had about 40 caps for Argentina as well mate, and in England he was an utter car crash of a defender. Mori just isn't very good and he isn't suited to this league.
I can't take OTT criticism like this seriously. "isn't very good".

The criticism is always uneven too. One week he's played well, the next he's the worst CB in the world. Why not just take the sensible view that he's still relatively young player - and pretty successful given that he's a Copa Libertadores winner and international - who could learn from good coaching.

Fonte was interviewed on the BBC and made the point that he never stopped progressing and learning under the likes of Pochettino, Koeman and now Bilic...all CBs. That applies generally.

The criticism is always uneven too. One week he's played well, the next he's the worst CB in the world. Why not just take the sensible view that he's still relatively young player - and pretty successful given that he's a Copa Libertadores winner and international - who could learn from good coaching.

Fonte was interviewed on the BBC and made the point that he never stopped progressing and learning under the likes of Pochettino, Koeman and now Bilic...all CBs. That applies generally.
You obviously see a player in there Dave with some potential (mori). But do you think he has pushed on and improved under koeman this season. I'd suggest the jury's out.

You obviously see a player in there Dave with some potential (mori). But do you think he has pushed on and improved under koeman this season. I'd suggest the jury's out.
Mixed bag of performances I reckon.

Koeman is there to coach. I expect him to improve the player. That's what he gets paid for.

Last edited:
...listening to Kevin Sheedy on the Everton Show saying Derek Mountfield scored 14 goals during that 1985 campaign. The vast majority of them will have been from Sheedy set pieces and it does underline how important it is to have that skill set on the pitch. It's something we need to address in the summer or we are missing a trick.
My sentiments completely also leaving 1/2 players upfront when defending corners

Soon, my pretty.

KEANO.jpg

Andre Gray though lads. Pace and power. Bit of a bigot though.

Wouldn't be shocked if he's playing across the park come next season.

Why is what i just said OTT criticism?

He's a cb that cannot pass a ball, frequently gets himself in brain dead situations on the ball, has spells in games when his positioning is absolutely woeful and whose positive traits, tackling, aerial ability don't outweigh those huge flaws, if we have any aspirations of improving as a team then he won't be here long Dave

As for pocchetino btw interesting you mentioned him, he had a Argentinean cb at the club, fazio, he shipped him off as he was woeful in this league.

Go on though, for interests sake list his positives and negatives? And why you firmly believe he should be a starter for us?

I know he's only 16, but does anyone think Ryan sessegnon could be a viable shout or would we want someone more experienced challenging baines? From what I've seen and comments from pundits this lad is the real deal, but maybe too much to expect him to make the jump up to the premiership when he barely 17.
I think he's worth going for. Reports I've seen rate him really highly. Might take a couple of years for him to settle at Premier League level, but worth the risk I think. Liverpool have been linked with him and I wouldn't be surprised if some London based clubs are sniffing around either.

An ex-Argentina World Cup winning CB rates him as a future national captain.

He's raw. But he has something. He gets unfair criticism and has been no worse than Williams, who has underwhelmed since he arrived.

He's terrible on the ball... his distribution is championship standard at best...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back