Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes mate absolutely. He is the right back come centre back. With what Walsh is saying I think he is going to have a serious push at attracting lads 15-18. I believe him when he says he wants the best 5 or 6 young players. Allied to him saying every young player is interested in Everton you can see the direction of travel.

As for the list above I'm not sure. I don't think we will go for VVD. I think we've accepted he's out of our league.I also think we'll see a mixture between some established names that we know of, and increasingly more Walsh type signings.

With Davies, Lookman, Calvert-Lewin and Holgate hopefully we are seeing the 1st batch to come through and push for first team places.

Im not sure who else would come through but Galloway, Pennington, Kenny, Dowell ans Walsh must be hopeful.

What I would like to hope is that if (like you say) Walsh is going for that age range of 15-18 he first goes for the outstanding English players such as Sessegnon who, similarly to Lookman, are first teamers in lower league sides with huge potential. Players like Sessegnon (as you highlighted) should see us as a club who will provide them with opportunities rather than other clubs targetting the same players such as Chelsea, Arsenal and City where games and chances would be limited.

I've always said that we should have a 1st eleven but then 11 more players u21 who can rotate and push the first choices and further develop to push them out or at worst case be squad players able to rotate.

It would be preferable imo to focus on young English players and as we see them develop we then cement ourselves as a top club by signing one or two foreign superstars to then take the club to another level...just as Man Utd did with the Cantona signing.

I dont see how we can go wrong with the focus on youth as, if we target those of the calibre mentioned we could potentially see waves of players coming through each season.

I think thats the way we can compete.

Youri-Tielemans-has-scored-17-goals-this-season-863107.jpg

You'd think our transfer business might be accelerated earlier in window now with both the need of a bigger squad to cope with Europe plus the fact it would be more beneficial to get them in earlier to prepare for those earlier qualifying games?

Admittedly the level of opposition might not warrant our best team for that first qualifier but effectively the seasons preparation now needs to be done earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back