Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is vital that this is the summer of selling more so than buying.
Even if we sell at a loss, at least it would get the wage bill down and make room for what has to be very shrewd buying.
Over to you Mr Brands.

I dont pity his job, imagine you have to try and convince somebody to buy Sandro and to pay him 100k+ a week, then times that by another 20 or so players.

Hes gonna be a shell of a man by August.

We may need to sell somebody & use the money to punt 4/5 of the wage drainers. It won’t be pleasant but it’s going to take £15/20 million to pay off Bolasie, Sandro Schneiderlin possibly more.
I dont pity his job, imagine you have to try and convince somebody to buy Sandro and to pay him 100k+ a week, then times that by another 20 or so players.

Hes gonna be a shell of a man by August.

I think in the case with players like Schneiderlin, Sandro and Bolasie it may well be that we offer to pay them 50% of their wages having negotiated some kind of fee from a club for them...

The loans wouldnt bring us more than 50% and others like Walcott, Sigurdsson, Coleman we would need to offer for lower fees i think to move them on.

I wonder how we managed to get rid of williams...£75k a week stoke will be stumping up!! Or Klaassen who even for £12mil is a rip off on no doubt big wages.

I think in the case with players like Schneiderlin, Sandro and Bolasie it may well be that we offer to pay them 50% of their wages having negotiated some kind of fee from a club for them...

The loans wouldnt bring us more than 50% and others like Walcott, Sigurdsson, Coleman we would need to offer for lower fees i think to move them on.

I wonder how we managed to get rid of williams...£75k a week stoke will be stumping up!! Or Klaassen who even for £12mil is a rip off on no doubt big wages.

Yeah, think he'll finally bite the bullet this offseason on either fees or wages just to move players.

We have to improve the spine of the club no question. I have NO IDEA how we are going to find a striker for any reasonable fee, though. We can't have Keane, Gomes, or any of our CFs starting next season. I'm sure this will be a function of how many we sell.

But if we are doing silly type wish lists...

CF - a Willan Jose type, maybe Mitro is a cheap option, JK Augustin is young and would be pricey, Haller is interesting but still not convinced
RW - Lozano would be such a difference maker, he's just outstanding.
CM / DM - we need two. Let Gomes go. Diawara might be too pricey, Denis Zakaria, Thiago Mendes is older, but great, Sander Berge is interesting, but one proven and one with upside would be great.
RB - Kenny Tete - LOVE his upside, William from Wolfsburg I also like. I don't think Kenny or Holgate are THAT bad, and both should be in the squad.
CB - I would actually try and spend some money on a veteran leader back there - I know Toby Alderweireld or Diego Godin might not come, but man, I would just love someone to go back there and work with Yerry Mina to solidify the position. I don't want Michael Keane anywhere near the field.

That's probably an 150M outlay, which would only be possible with sales. But we just need help at ALL of those positions.

I love this idea. Actually, better idea. Let's raise money to see who gets one minutes in the ring with some of these guys.

Perfect. I bet quite a few blues would put some money down to take a few shots at the dozen or so wage stealers on our roster. Someone message EITC asap! I would love to see our cowards in the ring.

I dont Stoke are paying all Williams wages, Klaassen wont have been on mega money, he only came from Ajax.

Its whether Sandro, Snides and the like will take 50% wages, the reason they are still "around" is cos they arent willing to give up their mega contracts, maybe they will change their mind. I like Brands, I think hes got what it takes, but hes gonna have to try and sell ice to Eskimos to punt the majority.

Mostly good shouts there. Not sold on Thuram, wouldn't want Guilavogui or Benitez and haven't heard of Velazquez or Atal before but all the others would improve us massively.

Get rid of as much as the dross we have on the books, big big ask, and will have to settle on loaning a few out again, but hopefully we shift a fair few.

At least 3 good players in to walk into the starting 11, and a decent youngster or 2 is what I'm hoping for.

Fixed

Our starting 11 is so crap right now that even mediocre players would walk in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back