Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont Stoke are paying all Williams wages, Klaassen wont have been on mega money, he only came from Ajax.

Its whether Sandro, Snides and the like will take 50% wages, the reason they are still "around" is cos they arent willing to give up their mega contracts, maybe they will change their mind. I like Brands, I think hes got what it takes, but hes gonna have to try and sell ice to Eskimos to punt the majority.

I think clubs would still offer decent-ish wages for some such as Walcott, Coleman etc etc but i think we will need to subsidise those such as Bolasie for the duration of their contracts.

I think if we can do something to get some fee in + the wages off the books then we will do but as weve seen it may be more economical to just keep loaning players out.

Im interested to see what the incoming figures for some players will be...

I think clubs would still offer decent-ish wages for some such as Walcott, Coleman etc etc but i think we will need to subsidise those such as Bolasie for the duration of their contracts.

I think if we can do something to get some fee in + the wages off the books then we will do but as weve seen it may be more economical to just keep loaning players out.

Im interested to see what the incoming figures for some players will be...

Coleman would be easy to shift, hes not on massive money and he owes us nothing in terms of a transfer fee, but Walcott is our highest paid player, not many teams who would pay him 140k a week............

Yeah, think he'll finally bite the bullet this offseason on either fees or wages just to move players.

We have to improve the spine of the club no question. I have NO IDEA how we are going to find a striker for any reasonable fee, though. We can't have Keane, Gomes, or any of our CFs starting next season. I'm sure this will be a function of how many we sell.

But if we are doing silly type wish lists...

CF - a Willan Jose type, maybe Mitro is a cheap option, JK Augustin is young and would be pricey, Haller is interesting but still not convinced
RW - Lozano would be such a difference maker, he's just outstanding.
CM / DM - we need two. Let Gomes go. Diawara might be too pricey, Denis Zakaria, Thiago Mendes is older, but great, Sander Berge is interesting, but one proven and one with upside would be great.
RB - Kenny Tete - LOVE his upside, William from Wolfsburg I also like. I don't think Kenny or Holgate are THAT bad, and both should be in the squad.
CB - I would actually try and spend some money on a veteran leader back there - I know Toby Alderweireld or Diego Godin might not come, but man, I would just love someone to go back there and work with Yerry Mina to solidify the position. I don't want Michael Keane anywhere near the field.

That's probably an 150M outlay, which would only be possible with sales. But we just need help at ALL of those positions.

Keane should be up for sale.

You wouldnt sign Gomes? Tbh im 60-40 against signing him at the moment.

For the priority signings I agree we need a new spine, its what Mourinho looks to do whenever he goes into a new club...strengthen the spine.

2 Centre backs (Upamecano /Konate LEIPZIG)

1 Centre Midfielder (Sangare TOULOUSE)

So basically, go to Leipzig with lots of cash and try and buy their centre backs + get Sangare from Toulouse.

The goal really is to add alot of physicality + power and height into the spine. Im sure there are other players around who could do the same.

Coleman would be easy to shift, hes not on massive money and he owes us nothing in terms of a transfer fee, but Walcott is our highest paid player, not many teams who would pay him 140k a week............

Surely he cant be on £140k a week? How about Sigurdsson? Any idea what hes on?

Coleman must be on £70k with the new contract Kenwright gave him when he was injured ?

Surely he cant be on £140k a week? How about Sigurdsson? Any idea what hes on?

Coleman must be on £70k with the new contract Kenwright gave him when he was injured ?

I read he was our highest paid player. Think Iceland is on about 120k, Bernard 130k or so, so Colemans 70k isnt massive money.

I read he was our highest paid player. Think Iceland is on about 120k, Bernard 130k or so, so Colemans 70k isnt massive money.

None of them are worth it...£460k for Walcott, Coleman, Sigurdsson and Bernard.

Totally illogical but at least i think we would see a decent fee for Bernard.

Can we offload these in summer?

GK: Stekelenburg
RB: Connolly/Coleman
LB: Robinson/Galloway/Garbutt
CB: Keane/Pennington
CM: Schneiderlin/Gana/McCarthy/Besic
AM: Sigurdsson/Dowell/Tarashaj
WF: Mirallas/Bolasie/Walcott
CF: Tosun/Niasse/Sandro

My guess is possibly £115mil there...

I am sure there will be an extensive list of clubs interested to buying and taking on their massive wages

I believe you may be disappointed

Cant see Keane as a starter alongside Mina and i think Zouma was signed on loan with the plan to play next to Mina.

If Onyekuru (£15mil) and Vlasic(£25mil) were both sold along with Bernard(£25mil) or Lookman(£25mil)then that should be a pot of close to £70mil for 2 loanees and a rotation player.

Thats before any of the usual starters are punted e.g Gana/Sigurdsson which could quite easily take us to £110-120mil.

I think there will be a few surprise sales and i think anyone 29 years old and above will be jettisoned.

Stop reading when you wanted to sell Bernard

Utter bubbles!

Keane should be up for sale.

You wouldnt sign Gomes? Tbh im 60-40 against signing him at the moment.

For the priority signings I agree we need a new spine, its what Mourinho looks to do whenever he goes into a new club...strengthen the spine.

2 Centre backs (Upamecano /Konate LEIPZIG)

1 Centre Midfielder (Sangare TOULOUSE)

So basically, go to Leipzig with lots of cash and try and buy their centre backs + get Sangare from Toulouse.

The goal really is to add alot of physicality + power and height into the spine. Im sure there are other players around who could do the same.

We can’t afford either of the RBL center backs I don’t think.

And yes, I would not keep Gomes. Simply not athletic enough. Think we can find someone who can do what he does on offense, exception score more goals, and play MUCH better defense. Like the loan deal, thought it was smart, but we can do better.

That left forward position...

Richarlison
Bernard
Onyekuru
Lookman

We only need 2 players...

I actually think both Bernard and Richarlison can play fine on the right, with Bernard in particular capable. Plays more as a winger, but he’s fine. Lookman is a left sided inside forward, though, and should stay. Onyenkuru can definitely play on the right, but frankly, I don’t think he’s all that great. I would move him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back