Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody's paying £10m for a striker who's scored once - a consolation goal in a Europa League dead rubber - in his last 49 games.
Value was from transfermarkt orginally but used for simplicity in the example even if we sold him for 5,000,001 we’d still make a profit

I think there needs to be a real consideration as to how Everton play, and this shouldn't be down to the whims of a manager. Look at Chelsea right now, who have went from a fairly defensive style of play under Conte to a more attacking style under Sarri. They don't have the players for it and players who were purchased with a previous style in mind are now redundant.

Brands seems to know what he's doing in the market, but there has to be a broader identity for the club. The manager shouldn't be dictating the way Everton play football - Everton should have a style and appoint managers who are willing and able to fit into it. This is similar to how clubs like Barcelona, Dortmund and Ajax operate, and it ensures there's at least some consistency between managers.

So before we start looking at who we're going to sign, I think we need to work out what Everton's footballing identity should be. For me personally, I want us to be a nightmare to play against. I want organisation, commitment, physicality and technical ability. Basically, I want us to be in the mould of a Simeone team. We're not in a position to compete with the very top teams if it's a game of beautiful, open football, so let's drag them down to the dirt and give them a bloody nose whilst being more on the front foot against teams of similar or lower stature.

I'd love us to sign players to fit this mould (not that we'll get this style of play under Silva!), but really we just need to focus on an identity - regardless of what it is - and make signings accordingly.

I think in sandros case we already are in a no lose situation. The loan fees we’ve gotten for him have probably already paid for himself so if we do subsidize wages for him we could just use the money from the sale to pay him off. So say he gets 5m from us over 5 years if we sell him for 10 that’s still a 5m profit on him overall

Youve lost me...

Hes on somewhere between £80k-£120k a week

So lets say £80k which is around £4mil a year...

Theres no chance weve got that back in loan fees and no chance anyone will sign him as they will have to offer a large wage + hes not scored for so long.

First move should be to ship out at least 20 players.

Then replace them with 5 quality players.

We'd still have a large squad and hopefully it'd be one capable of actually winning football matches rather than giving up at the first hint of pressure from the opposition.

Can we offload these in summer?

GK: Stekelenburg free
RB: Connolly/Coleman 10m
LB: Robinson/Galloway/Garbutt 7m
CB: Keane/Pennington 18m
CM: Schneiderlin/Gana/McCarthy/Besic
40m
AM: Sigurdsson/Dowell/Tarashaj
WF: Mirallas/Bolasie/Walcott
CF: Tosun/Niasse/Sandro

My guess is possibly £115mil there...

I think there needs to be a real consideration as to how Everton play, and this shouldn't be down to the whims of a manager. Look at Chelsea right now, who have went from a fairly defensive style of play under Conte to a more attacking style under Sarri. They don't have the players for it and players who were purchased with a previous style in mind are now redundant.

Brands seems to know what he's doing in the market, but there has to be a broader identity for the club. The manager shouldn't be dictating the way Everton play football - Everton should have a style and appoint managers who are willing and able to fit into it. This is similar to how clubs like Barcelona, Dortmund and Ajax operate, and it ensures there's at least some consistency between managers.

So before we start looking at who we're going to sign, I think we need to work out what Everton's footballing identity should be. For me personally, I want us to be a nightmare to play against. I want organisation, commitment, physicality and technical ability. Basically, I want us to be in the mould of a Simeone team. We're not in a position to compete with the very top teams if it's a game of beautiful, open football, so let's drag them down to the dirt and give them a bloody nose whilst being more on the front foot against teams of similar or lower stature.

I'd love us to sign players to fit this mould (not that we'll get this style of play under Silva!), but really we just need to focus on an identity - regardless of what it is - and make signings accordingly.

Just support Getafe instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back