Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not as good as those guys. Some think he's predictable, too left footed, etc. I've seen him serve us crosses with his right, think he has pace, and provided he isn't super expensive, which I doubt he would be, he'd be a solid backup to Richarlison on the right. He'd get the occasional start, he'd be our first sub off the bench, and he'd score some goals. But he's a 20M player that would help. He's never going to be some elite 100M player. He's not walking into our starting 11. He'd be impactful, but he's not dynamic like Neres or Malcom in terms of creating for others. He's not as good with the ball as those guys.
Ta man

He's not as good as those guys. Some think he's predictable, too left footed, etc. I've seen him serve us crosses with his right, think he has pace, and provided he isn't super expensive, which I doubt he would be, he'd be a solid backup to Richarlison on the right. He'd get the occasional start, he'd be our first sub off the bench, and he'd score some goals. But he's a 20M player that would help. He's never going to be some elite 100M player. He's not walking into our starting 11. He'd be impactful, but he's not dynamic like Neres or Malcom in terms of creating for others. He's not as good with the ball as those guys.

...interesting. You guys are more knowledgable than me, but Traoré looks the type to get in goalscoring positions in the box, a lot like Richarlison in that regard. Both are not conventional wingers in the real sense, but players that take up positions defenders don’t like.

We don’t know if the Traore links are true, but they are not going away. We know how important it is to acquire players who fit the playing strategy, perhaps Traore fits the way Silva wants his team to play more than somebody like Neres. It has to be a consideration.

@CRIMHEAD
@Zatara
@=- anyone else who knows loads about non-Pl players

What is your take on Traore? Link has been constant this summer. assuming he would be instead of Neres, Malcolm Lozano etc?
He will give us pace power and directness. Don't forget Richarlison was crap in the Dec / Jan months and Bernard does not contribute many goals. I am sure Traore will contribute around 10. Also he is 23 so can still develop and any good striker we will face plenty of competition so i for one hope we sign Traore

Rubbish player...Lyon fans havent rated him for ages.

Total one trick pony, just cuts in with his left every single time...

Would be shocked if we signed him...he'd be up for sale in Jan.

I wouldn't mind Traore, but I think Jean-Michel Aulas would make it very difficult to sanction a move to us and would probably actively try to dissuade him against it. There would like be a premium on top of a premium.

For Aulas, we typify the sort of club with money and delusion based on relatively nothing to back it up other than PL status, competing unfairly in his eyes against continental clubs such as his playing in Europe year in year out, and magnified having beaten us twice recently.

Of course that's his problem but I think it can at times present an issue for us based on the political agenda being played in the boardrooms of some clubs, and particularly those with an ego like Aulas' at play. It boils down to jealousy and resentment, but those are human emotions and they can and do get in the way.

He made a comment last season that he was certain Mina would join them over us based on their being UCL regulars, and us well, not being. It's money, stupid.
I wouldn't mind him getting egg on his face again whilst getting a good player off his hands and into our squad.

I reckon they’ve got a lot more than that this year and I think they’ll spend a fair bit.

I expect them to sign Zaha.
Seems weird that they are linked with players to fill areas that they well stocked in. They’ve got Kolasanic and Monreal (just noticed his contract is up today).

Really surprised they haven’t gone for a CB/CM - poorest area of their team.

In fact looking at their squad, they look completely average, apart from Lacazette, Augbemeyang and Ozil. Hopefully we can leap frog them this season.

I was looking at there spends for the last 3 seasons and they've spent just under 100m a season (277m, 157 net).
So they're not broke but apparently there sponsors are taking a major hit because it's their second season out of the champions league.

It's crazy the players they're linked with. Them and United need a completely new back four and all arsenal seem to want to do is buy attackers, madness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back