Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton & Lyon’s Bertrand Traore

French broadcasters Telefoot have broken a fresh story on Sunday: Everton are in talks with Lyon over Bertrand Traore.

Now 23, Bertrand Traore is under contract at Lyon until 2022.

Last season Traore made 34 appearances for OL in Ligue 1, scoring seven goals and contributing three assists.

In total, Traore scored 11 goals in 48 matches in all competitions in 2018-19.

@CRIMHEAD
@Zatara
@=- anyone else who knows loads about non-Pl players

What is your take on Traore? Link has been constant this summer. assuming he would be instead of Neres, Malcolm Lozano etc?

@CRIMHEAD
@Zatara
@=- anyone else who knows loads about non-Pl players

What is your take on Traore? Link has been constant this summer. assuming he would be instead of Neres, Malcolm Lozano etc?
He's not as good as those guys. Some think he's predictable, too left footed, etc. I've seen him serve us crosses with his right, think he has pace, and provided he isn't super expensive, which I doubt he would be, he'd be a solid backup to Richarlison on the right. He'd get the occasional start, he'd be our first sub off the bench, and he'd score some goals. But he's a 20M player that would help. He's never going to be some elite 100M player. He's not walking into our starting 11. He'd be impactful, but he's not dynamic like Neres or Malcom in terms of creating for others. He's not as good with the ball as those guys.

Bolasie can’t even get into the DR Congo team I doubt palace would even consider paying his ridiculous wages

I’ve not seen anything of him since he played last for us.

Didn’t realise he had failed to make an impression at either team.

Hopefully the scouts of the lesser teams haven’t either haha.

I just don't want traore, don't know why, I just don't think he's that superstar we need. He seems big and powerful so will hold his own in the league, I dunno, just something about him. He played well v us, but we were awful then, all their players looked like men against us.

I wouldn’t mind if he was one of two left sided wingers, He wouldn’t be my first choice to sign though if we were only to get one. Ideally we’d have two left footers and two right footers, I’d sell all of them other than Bernard and Rico and sign two.

Considering they only have a budget of 40m they aren't half buying alot of players :Blink:

Seems weird that they are linked with players to fill areas that they well stocked in. They’ve got Kolasanic and Monreal (just noticed his contract is up today).

Really surprised they haven’t gone for a CB/CM - poorest area of their team.

In fact looking at their squad, they look completely average, apart from Lacazette, Augbemeyang and Ozil. Hopefully we can leap frog them this season.

I wouldn’t mind if he was one of two left sided wingers, He wouldn’t be my first choice to sign though if we were only to get one. Ideally we’d have two left footers and two right footers, I’d sell all of them other than Bernard and Rico and sign two.
Right sided I'm assuming you meant.

I think what is clear is that Marcel plays his cards close to his chest and nobody has any idea who we are actually interested in.
I think that when any news comes out , the deals will be just about sewn up.
This is actually how an efficient organisation should be run.
There will be deals done , and some need to chill out a bit.
We should just be glad that , at last , we have a professional running the show.

?

Always a bit of a myth this - and it's (another) example of why the Index works.

Only one player was even remotely a surprise - Bernard - and actually it was mentioned a few weeks before it happened.

People are seeing a bit too much in Brands.

I just don't want traore, don't know why, I just don't think he's that superstar we need. He seems big and powerful so will hold his own in the league, I dunno, just something about him. He played well v us, but we were awful then, all their players looked like men against us.

He will give us pace power and directness. Don't forget Richarlison was crap in the Dec / Jan months and Bernard does not contribute many goals. I am sure Traore will contribute around 10. Also he is 23 so can still develop and any good striker we will face plenty of competition so i for one hope we sign Traore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back