Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interesting to see the context of any Sandro deal, whether we are giving him away or what.

I can only see it being a free - with whatever fee we might have looked for being offset by them paying a higher % of his wages. I can only see it being a fairly costly exercise to get rid but it needs to be done.

It amazes me the the amount of people who will try to defend Sandro’s corner whilst also saying Calvert-Lewin “jUsT iSn’T gOoD eNoUgH, LaD”

Need to look for a different sport to follow tbh :confused:

I can only see it being a free - with whatever fee we might have looked for being offset by them paying a higher % of his wages. I can only see it being a fairly costly exercise to get rid but it needs to be done.

Me too, id be pleasantly surprised if we got a fee. Id say he will be getting a healthy signing on fee, to mitigate taking a cut in his wage going there and we're taking the hit on the fee to get him of the wage bill.

Modern football is mad, hes probably a millionaire many times over since he last scored a meaningful goal as a regular.

Doesn't change the validity of the post. Zouma for £30m is much better value than Maguire for £70m. In fact, if I had the choice of Maguire or Zouma and money wasn't an issue, I think I would still go for Zouma.

I'm happy United are going after Mauguire.
I agree.

Zouma and Maguire are both good defenders, but Zouma has the understanding built up with Keane. A solid centre back partnership is so valuable for any team. They compliment each other well.

Maguire has a higher value because:
1- Chelsea don’t really need Zouma
2- Maguire is the best CB for Leicester
3- Maguire has the “English tax”
4- any player united sign this summer will have a special “united tax” because clubs know they are a desperate mess
5- Maguire still has that World Cup semi final glow and is a darling of the football media

Zouma all day long for me!

Me too, id be pleasantly surprised if we got a fee. Id say he will be getting a healthy signing on fee, to mitigate taking a cut in his wage going there and we're taking the hit on the fee to get him of the wage bill.

Modern football is mad, hes probably a millionaire many times over since he last scored a meaningful goal as a regular.
It just goes to show that there are a wide variety of opinions by people in high places on players. Walsh was clearly enamored by Sandro's right foot. He ignored that he was more of a second striker. He clearly missed his poor first touch.

It also tells me that a good D of F can win and win big at Everton. Let's hope Brands is it.

The Bolasie revisionism has started lol

To be fair mate, if you go back I was saying it at the time

Maybe because they worked out pretty early on he was good at running, but not at scoring goals
Maybe. He creates, though. His right foot is still good. Works hard. Insane to pay him whatever huge salary he's on, but he's not THAT bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.