Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if brands has the kitty to go for someone like dybala? Since they seem to be strikers on top of the likes of ronaldo, dybala, Kean and mandjucicz or however you spell it haha. I know we have been linked with Kean over the last couple of weeks but surely going for someone with the class of dybala would make more sense right now

I wonder if brands has the kitty to go for someone like dybala? Since they seem to be strikers on top of the likes of ronaldo, dybala, Kean and mandjucicz or however you spell it haha. I know we have been linked with Kean over the last couple of weeks but surely going for someone with the class of dybala would make more sense right now
If Dybala was available (there’s nothing really to imply he will be) pretty much every top club in europe would be lining up for him.

It’s like they’re at retirement age really isn’t it.
It doesn't matter what their age is as we've decided to sell them anyway. And yes it only takes one. Except there is a very very small percent chance of even 1 working out if we are selling them before they ever get a solid first team run.

I mean we sent all Lookman and Vlasic on loan and it was successful but instead of integrating them we have just sold them off or left them to rot on the bench.

It doesn't matter what their age is as we've decided to sell them anyway. And yes it only takes one. Except there is a very very small percent chance of even 1 working out if we are selling them before they ever get a solid first team run.

I mean we sent all Lookman and Vlasic on loan and it was successful but instead of integrating them we have just sold them off or left them to rot on the bench.

I just don’t think footie is for you mate. You sound very butt hurt we aren’t playing these kids.

So the onyrkuru deal wasn’t worth commenting on really was it? Considering the skov deal is not similar in any way.

The others weren’t a waste either. We bought them for a low price. They haven’t worked out the way we’d have hoped but we won’t lose money on them.

Ooh what a waste. Buying players and not losing money on them when they don’t work out. Why would we want to do more deals like that?
Here is the problem with buying players and not losing money selling them: we don't have enough money to buy success. The only way we can ever compete to win the league again is by exploiting the fact that a lot of unproven players exist around the world. If we can find these players and develop them we may just be able to compete. So far since Moshiri took over we have not done this and we have coincidentally made no progress toward the top of the league.

I have decided that I'm going to do two things with Everton from now on: evaluate our team as if we are already competing with the "Big 6." That is why I'm critical of Bernard. None of those teams would accept his level of performance last year. The other is I'm going to side with developing players over making profit and buying known quantities. So if that rankles you put me on ignore.

@Nymzee you should read this too.

Here is the problem with buying players and not losing money selling them: we don't have enough money to buy success. The only way we can ever compete to win the league again is by exploiting the fact that a lot of unproven players exist around the world. If we can find these players and develop them we may just be able to compete. So far since Moshiri took over we have not done this and we have coincidentally made no progress toward the top of the league.

I have decided that I'm going to do two things with Everton from now on: evaluate our team as if we are already competing with the "Big 6." That is why I'm critical of Bernard. None of those teams would accept his level of performance last year. The other is I'm going to side with developing players over making profit and buying known quantities. So if that rankles you put me on ignore.

@Nymzee you should read this too.

You can concentrate on what you want. The only thing that rankles with me is that you don’t seem to understand football very well but reply to everything as though you’re right and everyone else is wrong. I won’t put you on ignore because I like reading opinions and when I see the vast majority seeming to agree with the thoughts I have rather than yours it at least makes me feel like I’m not losing the plot and missing something. I just won’t choose to comment on any more of your posts because you’re clearly right about everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back