Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can concentrate on what you want. The only thing that rankles with me is that you don’t seem to understand football very well but reply to everything as though you’re right and everyone else is wrong. I won’t put you on ignore because I like reading opinions and when I see the vast majority seeming to agree with the thoughts I have rather than yours it at least makes me feel like I’m not losing the plot and missing something. I just won’t choose to comment on any more of your posts because you’re clearly right about everything.
It's really one subject that is the center of it. I don't understand how Ademola Lookman didn't get any games while we played someone who produced very little tangible end product instead. He must be one horrible guy to be around if his attitude is so bad that we couldn't get him on the field at all even when there was next to nothing to play for at the end of the year. And I truly believe we are going to sell him and have everyone go "great business" and then he will be coming back from Germany for twice price in 2 years.

And to go along with that I'm scared that he won't be the last young player who we do that with. Again this is how we compete again. Buy up as much talent between 20 and 25 years old that we can from places where they are being undervalued so it gets me mad that we are starting out the Brands era by messing up that formula to some extent. So yeah I'm being a bit obtuse on the Bernard thing but I just see us throwing away a real opportunity for someone who even at his best is probably a rotation option in a top team.

It's really one subject that is the center of it. I don't understand how Ademola Lookman didn't get any games while we played someone who produced very little tangible end product instead. He must be one horrible guy to be around if his attitude is so bad that we couldn't get him on the field at all even when there was next to nothing to play for at the end of the year. And I truly believe we are going to sell him and have everyone go "great business" and then he will be coming back from Germany for twice price in 2 years.

And to go along with that I'm scared that he won't be the last young player who we do that with. Again this is how we compete again. Buy up as much talent between 20 and 25 years old that we can from places where they are being undervalued so it gets me mad that we are starting out the Brands era by messing up that formula to some extent. So yeah I'm being a bit obtuse on the Bernard thing but I just see us throwing away a real opportunity for someone who even at his best is probably a rotation option in a top team.

But surely you know why Lookman didnt get minutes?

Our manager literally told us.

Its a shame, cos the RATFINK has talent, he just hates Everton, yes, mainly cos the treatment hes had under various managers.

No doubt at his next club he will knuckle down and maybe his talent will shine, but to be honest bar the odd 5 minutes here and there, hes never really impressed me.

What do you base your high valuation of lookman on?

The Brands system is buy cheap, develop, and sell at their max potential no? If he doesn’t want to develop he will never reach his max potential so sell him at what he’s worth now as a prospect.

We did the same thing with Vlasic so if Lookman is a failed project so is he. Can’t be 100% on all his signings but Lookman wasn’t his either

Its a shame, cos the RATFINK has talent, he just hates Everton, yes, mainly cos the treatment hes had under various managers.

No doubt at his next club he will knuckle down and maybe his talent will shine, but to be honest bar the odd 5 minutes here and there, hes never really impressed me.
I know why he didn't and but that is as much our fault as it is his as you've pointed out. And his limited time this year wasn't great but it wasn't bad either. It certainly would have been in a vacuum enough to keep playing him but apparently he's just a mega tit all the time so he can't be trusted. To me it feels simple. RBL showed interest and brought him in and didn't bull crap him in any way. They said he would get chances and he did. They said if he played well he would keep playing and he did. They said that if he was better than the other guys he would be on the field and he was. I think he feels like he was misled here and that's why it has gone where it has.

Again this is a really discouraging start to what was supposed to be a new era for the club. Lookman and Vlasic sold without real chances because we couldn't handle ambitious youngsters. It isn't good.

The Brands system is buy cheap, develop, and sell at their max potential no? If he doesn’t want to develop he will never reach his max potential so sell him at what he’s worth now as a prospect.

We did the same thing with Vlasic so if Lookman is a failed project so is he. Can’t be 100% on all his signings but Lookman wasn’t his either
I think ideally the Brands system would also include a part where we get to a level that instead of selling players at their peak we pop them into a team and go and win stuff. I hope that is the end game.

The Onyekuru wasn't our fault but wasted none the less. We should have been aware of the problems and spent elsewhere. The other two barely played for us over 2 years. So it was a waste. It isn't a hard concept.

Big waste making what will probably be £30m profit from Vlasic (£5m profit), Lookman (£10-15m profit), Onyekuru (£10-15m profit).

What do you base your high valuation of lookman on?
The biggest thing is that 6 months in Germany. If no one had heard of him before and we just signed him at the end of those 6 months we would be going crazy about this talented youngster we just signed and we would have been begging for him to get time. And he was honestly good this season in the very limited minutes that he got. I just think he has a TON of talent and the more he plays the more that will show.

I know why he didn't and but that is as much our fault as it is his as you've pointed out. And his limited time this year wasn't great but it wasn't bad either. It certainly would have been in a vacuum enough to keep playing him but apparently he's just a mega tit all the time so he can't be trusted. To me it feels simple. RBL showed interest and brought him in and didn't bull crap him in any way. They said he would get chances and he did. They said if he played well he would keep playing and he did. They said that if he was better than the other guys he would be on the field and he was. I think he feels like he was misled here and that's why it has gone where it has.

Again this is a really discouraging start to what was supposed to be a new era for the club. Lookman and Vlasic sold without real chances because we couldn't handle ambitious youngsters. It isn't good.

Or

2 young Ravel Morrisons thought they were Barry big balls and didnt wanna fight for a spot.

Tom Davies, DCL all seem to be able to get games, granted Tom didnt get many due to others, but the manager cant be accused of not allowing yoots to fail.

I can ONLY assume 2 of them were willing to fight and 2 of them arent.

Used to think why on earth isn’t he getting minutes ahead of Walcott Then when silva made those comments, I understood. He really needs to knuckle down in training and apply himself fully in every training session. Then when he does get the opportunity, be it a rare start or minutes off the bench, he has to take that opportunity, making it impossible for silva to leave him out. He only needs to look at Bernard as a role model. One of the slightest players in the league, but also one of the hardest working, with and without the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back