Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me the captain isn't made to appease the fans it is made to set forward who you want the leader of the club to be. For me that means obviously the person should be a leader in the squad but also should be someone who is playing at the standard we want. That leaves Digne and Keane since Seamus is probably not going to be an automatic starter much longer and even if he is doesn't hit the level of someone like Digne.

Now if Seamus is the clear leader of the team and no one steps up to that level it will have to be him. But I still don't think who the supporters see as their representative should matter at all.
Don't worry mate, whoever they pick I don't think it will be to please me

Gana, Gomes and Sig aren't going to play every single game.

And the drop after them to Schneiderlin and Davies is so significant we are a completely different, inferior team when the 3 above are rested / injured.

Delph for £10-15m is a no brainer. To me, anyway.
When Schneiderlin came in last season it had very little impact on our form.

We collapsed cos pickford had a brain fart that knocked the stuffing out of us for a few months
Well that was one reason as was our poor defending at times. Another was the weakness of our squad which meant Silva had to flog the likes of Gomes and Sig. Look at the options on the bench. We lack in quality midfield and forward options if you ask me.
Schneiderlin proved after that period that he could come in and perform well.
He did in February
Schneiderlin proved after that period that he could come in and perform well.
He did. But do you see the same quality replacements for Gomes/Sig or Richarlison?Or even players that can fill in. I also think we will move Morgan on if we can. Delph would be an option for me.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back