Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be looking to add 4 or 5 players only this window. But they have to be quality players in the right positions and include a proper centre forward.

The clear out needs to be thorough and ruthless. We have so many players surplus to requirements it's frightening. First day back at finch farm for preseason could be chaos unless the cull is already well underway.

£60 - 70 mill for the pair (Zouma and Gomes) in todays market is fair.

They both have a season with us under their belt so can hit the ground running, have their best years ahead of them and will only improve.

Reckon a top class RB will be put on hold for another season due to more pressing areas.

Still think that's too much. Zouma is not the prospect Mina is. I wouldn't pay more than 25M for each.

It really matters what our net spend is. If it's say 70M and we can offload Niasse, Mirallas, Bolasie, Tosun, Walcott, Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Besic, Sandro, Martina, Garbutt, etc. for like 80M, if we could get them for 60M and have 90M left over...yeah, that might be doable.

Even after those two, we still need a CF, a CM/DM, a backup RW (unless we use Onyenkuru there and he gets a permit), and I'm assuming Vlasic is backing up Siggy, and Lookman stays to backup Bernard with Richy playing right.

It's a tough call. Both good players.

Well you dont have to contribute defensively if 2 of the other centre mids next to you are prominently defensive

He doesn't "dribble" that much ar Chelsea because of the daft football their clueless manager tries to play

He didn't dribble a lot the last year with us compared to previous years and it wasn't for lack of trying to get him to do so. It's not tactical. He won't run with the ball, he won't move it forward.

Don't get me wrong, I get the fact that Sarri doesn't want his players dribbling by anyone. Got it. But it started long before. It's not just Ross dribbling by people, he won't even take the space in front of him. He's not just a different player due to Sarri, the transformation was already being made in his last year at EFC.

Striker and midfielder needed regardless of adding Gomes and Zouma. We will offload quite a few I think. Lookman, Gana(because he wants to go) and Walcott are saleable.

Personally, I'd send Zouma back and see if we can get Christensen in on loan with an option to buy. Zouma has been decent, but nowhere near 30 million decent, let alone 40.
If there is any truth to the Schick rumours, he would be great, if not try for Maxi Gomez.
Seri from Fulham if Gueye goes

Personally, I'd send Zouma back and see if we can get Christensen in on loan with an option to buy. Zouma has been decent, but nowhere near 30 million decent, let alone 40.
If there is any truth to the Schick rumours, he would be great, if not try for Maxi Gomez.

Seri has been utterly horrific, we shouldnt go near him at all.

Some of the shouts on Twitter about Zouma baffle me.

"World class", "best new signing from last summer", "well worth £35m", "one of our best players this season."

I just don't see how they watch the same player that I do and think that.

Are they actual quotes? If so I’m relieved I do t have Twitter

The way he's playing at Chelsea is due to Sarri's very rigid system though, it's not as if he's went to Chelsea and lost his ability to dribble and beat players. I think if he was back in a set up where more of the attacking impetus was reliant on him then he'd be a bit more adventurous. He definitely isn't a world beater as many of us hoped he would be when he burst onto the scene but he is a good player who would improve the majority of midfields in this league (including ours imo). That being said he's a rat who done us out of 20 million.

Mate ... how many excuses can people make for him before they realise he’s crap? He’s had Moyes , Martinez , koeman, sarri , hodgson, Southgate as managers. They range from tough love koeman to blowing smoke up his arse Bobby. The fans where also a big reason for his crap attitude and performances apparently , now he has moved and has a new set of fans and he’s still bang average. He’s had people blame it on ganstas , management, systems , fans etc . Just face facts, he was an outstanding youth player and has not progressed and I would actually say he’s regressed,he’s average just accept it

You are drunk. Seri? He's nothing like Gana and he also STINKS. He's been a huge problem for them.

Schick stinks. Maxi Gomez is too unathletic / clumsy to me. Good fit for La Liga, don't see him as a fit in the PL.

I know no one cares much about MLS, but Alberth Elis would be a PERFECT player for us off the bench on the right side. Can play wide or inside on the right side, but big, strong, tricky, just turned 23, feel like he could get a LOT better with better teammates and tactical instruction. He's completely unplayable half the time in this league and is clearly ready for something else.

£60 - 70 mill for the pair (Zouma and Gomes) in todays market is fair.

They both have a season with us under their belt so can hit the ground running, have their best years ahead of them and will only improve.

Reckon a top class RB will be put on hold for another season due to more pressing areas.

Tbh I think Gomes is worth about 25m and I wouldn’t want us to sign Zouma for anything over 25m either. Chelsea will want 35m + for him and that’s why I wouldn’t sign him. Ake at Bournemouth is rated around 30-35m and is a much better defender imo

Agree. In Silva's 4-3-3, he'd be the front mid, but you've still got Sigurdsson, Vlasic coming back, Davies, etc. You'd still need a couple more CMs/DMs to back them up besides Gana as its obvious Silva doesn't rate McCarthy or Schneiderlin.

Schneiderin will go and I sense McCarthy will too. I also wouldn't rule out Gana going and us buying a powerhouse to play in their with Gomes. Then using Davies, Vlasic, Banningime and possibly Dowell as back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back