Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuity + striker.

One more season to judge whether Silva can coach players or simply buy them. If we can stop shipping set pieces, we could sniff the top 6 again.

We need Gomes, Zouma im not so sure if his price tag will justify it. Bear in mind Gana is going so i would do our business before selling him, or teams will start fleecing us again if we have them funds ala Lukaku.

Well it’s not is it.

Bring in a renowned Director of Football to help re-energise our transfer markets, repair the damage of previous over-spending, scout the stars before they’re stars and then shell out £50m+ on a midfielder the manager had a year ago so thinks is a pretty good guy.
If 50M transforms your squad, it's worth it. I'm not advocating for him, but Doucoure would massively change our team. You put him and Gana behind Siggy or even Gomes, and we would be SOOOO difficult to play against. Doucoure destroyed us at Goodison - he's fantastic.

That being said, there are some interesting CM/DMs that we should be looking at. Diarwa is the fascinating one for me. Most similar to NDombele in terms of potential as both are wonderful with the ball. Ibrahim Sangare would be a fantastic buy. He's got similar industry compared to Doucoure, but might not get quite to his level for another season or two. I also love Denis Zakaria as a #6 option. We've been linked to some others - Tousart, who is pretty good, Lobotka, who I think is medicore at best and we should go nowhere near.

I would still take Dzeko in a heartbeat. Roma are getting completely dominated right now, but his every touch is sound - just has ZERO service. Patrik Schick had his typical spineless performance today and had to be subbed out. We should go NOWHERE NEAR that kid. So soft.

If 50M transforms your squad, it's worth it. I'm not advocating for him, but Doucoure would massively change our team. You put him and Gana behind Siggy or even Gomes, and we would be SOOOO difficult to play against. Doucoure destroyed us at Goodison - he's fantastic.

That being said, there are some interesting CM/DMs that we should be looking at. Diarwa is the fascinating one for me. Most similar to NDombele in terms of potential as both are wonderful with the ball. Ibrahim Sangare would be a fantastic buy. He's got similar industry compared to Doucoure, but might not get quite to his level for another season or two. I also love Denis Zakaria as a #6 option. We've been linked to some others - Tousart, who is pretty good, Lobotka, who I think is medicore at best and we should go nowhere near.

I never said Doucoure wasn’t good or worth £50m; that’s not the point I was making.

Its about getting a proper first 11, all good ages for now, with a few punts here and there. Once we have a settled side and after all the contracts of the useless players expire we will have more wiggle room to take a punt here and there.

The transfer ban will sadly prevent us from hoovering up a few yoot punts sadly.

I was about to moan at you then for being negative about injuries that a player cannot help, checked his history first, in 7 senior seasons he has averaged 15 FIFTEEN games a season!
Perhaps he actually an Darren Anderton type?!?!

Barcelona really removed our kecks on this one :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back