Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not suprised tbh. Arsenal and Chelsea should be all over him too, going to be brilliant.

Love him here but dont think we have a chance.

There's a big problem buying from the French league.
Everyone said Serri was a wonderful talent and he'd be great here and has shown absolutely nothing at Fulham.
The same can be said for Bakayoko who Chelsea signed from Monaco.

Everyone said Seri could pass, but he's a midget and isn't suiting for the PL.

Bakayoko has been AWESOME in Italy this year. So the ONLY poor year he's had was with Chelsea....hmmmmmmm.

The French league IMO is the PERFECT league to buy from. It's pace isn't the PL, but the style is similar. Fast teams, a bit out of control at times. But there is a lot of young talent. Sangare would be just ideal. He'd make us so difficult to play against. Would LOVE to see him and Gana paired together in the midfield against the top 6.

70m for 2 players who we know can play in the league, its a little on the high side I admit, but I like both players and they both improve us.

My concern is that I honestly cant see much dough being in the kitty, so IMO 70m is basically our whole budget, we are then relying on getting dough for a lot of utter crap players.

The days of getting bargains from abroad are pretty much over, I mean we paid 25m for some crap Striker from Turkey, Leicester turned down offers in excess of 50m for Harry Maguire last Summer. Can also see us offering Jags and Baines another year on reduced wages. With Holgate coming back in this allows us to spend money on attacking areas and hopefully a midfielder.

I know we all had visions of us fixing the squad in this upcoming window, but really cant see us adding many players myself. Gomes and Zooms, with Henry and Vlasic coming in isnt a bad start tho, leaves us a proper midfielder and a proper striker away from having a decent squad.

Everything of course depends on how many pants we can pull down on shifting out.

Strongly disagree. Bernard was a free transfer. We can't assume we'll never get a good player for under £25m ever again.

Bakayoko has been AWESOME in Italy this year. So the ONLY poor year he's had was with Chelsea....hmmmmmmm.

The French league IMO is the PERFECT league to buy from. It's pace isn't the PL, but the style is similar. Fast teams, a bit out of control at times. But there is a lot of young talent. Sangare would be just ideal. He'd make us so difficult to play against. Would LOVE to see him and Gana paired together in the midfield against the top 6.

hahahaha no he hasn't

he started off that bad they wanted to send him back, he's improved recently by the looks of it like

I don’t think the goal is to be difficult to play against. We can leave that to the Burnleys and Bournemouths to aim for that goal and Sangare and Gana together sounds like a very limited CM pairing best suiting a sit back, pack it in and park the bus type of game play which we are absolutely not.

The midfield needs more balance right now and unless Gana leaves Sangare is just more of the same. What the team does need is a midfielder with a good passing range and absolute work horse.

Also look at the systems Seri and Bakayoko were played in the first season in the league. Seri has actually done well pushing the ball forward but when the first choice striking force is Babel Shurrle and Mitrovic (good at putting it away but not in the build up) and the team is more scared of not conceding 4 goals then they are of not scoring one of their own. Bakayoko also was played in the same role that Matic failed in. The role was clearly not well defined and had little direction. Milan gave him both and hmmmm... he’s doing well.

Last edited:
So much young talent in that French league at the minute, really hope our scouts are keeping tabs
Laeo and Sanagre for me are dreamland signings given their age and relative ‘cheapness’ compared to the most established options in their positions
Either way I trust Brands to get the right bodies in, it’s shifting the rest of the freeloaders that concerns me

I don’t think the goal is to be difficult to play against. We can leave that to the Burnleys and Bournemouths to aim for that goal and Sangare and Gana together sounds like a very limited CM pairing best suiting a sit back, pack it in and park the bus type of game play which we are absolutely not.

The midfield needs more balance right now and unless Gana leaves Sangare is just more of the same. What the team does need is a midfielder with a good passing range and absolute work horse.
Sangare is a very good passer, he really isn't that similar to Gueye - his passing range his arguably his biggest strength

You love capital letters mate.

Issa Diop’s been really good too :oops:
He's been good, no question. People forget how bad West Ham's defense was last year. Granted, we led the league in conceding in open play, but West Ham not only was bad in open play but conceded 16 goals off set pieces. Diop has helped that. He's also only 22. He's a good player.

West Ham's issue is that they didn't buy anyone to play in central midfield other than Jack Wilshere who SHOCKINGLY got injured. Lanzini is good with the ball, but he's pretty much a 10. Some here complain about Sigurdsson, but at least he works hard and contributes on the defensive end. Makes you think he could play deeper - and I think he's shown that a bit. Declan Rice, well, he almost NEVER passes the ball forwards. Even when he carries it forwards, he'll pass it backwards.

They are a mess. Granted, when Anderson plays, he's a difference maker. If everyone was healthy, you'd have Arnautovic, Yarmolenko, Antonio, Lanzini, Chicarito, all attacking players. They have very little in defense. They have terrible backs and lack any substantive presence in central midfield.

It has been difficult for all the new players at Fulham, too many new signings and not enough experience of the Premiership or indeed of living in England.
Some of those could be decent in a different envoirnment.
It shows the danger of making too many changes at once.

Sangare is a very good passer, he really isn't that similar to Gueye - his passing range his arguably his biggest strength
Sangare to me seem just like another big clumsy ball winner that can hoof the ball forward to the corners like anyone else.

I want a player that can hit a man in stride from deep or thread the line with well weighted pass

hahahaha no he hasn't

he started off that bad they wanted to send him back, he's improved recently by the looks of it like

That was after like 2 or 3 games. He's not just improved, he's been fantastic. Gattuso flipped out at him, made a big deal about it, blah blah blah. I'll bet he makes the Serie A best IX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back