Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason he’s at Wolves is because of Mendes. He brokered the deal in the Summer - Wolves will most likely be getting a decent price for him this Summer because of Mendes’ involvement.

I thought Shine Entertainment was his representation? They are a pretty big company.

18 years old and smashed the championship last season...seems to have been average this season in a poor team and played all over the place.

Think he would look ok in a top side being brought through.
I think he’s a talented lad, to be honest this is the time we could possibly get him, as the top 6 will have question marks against him.

Definitely would suit a wing back system imo. And if you think of the young defenders coming through IE feeney, Gibson, Astley even holgate, a wing back system could suit us in a few years

He’s class, we would have to change our system for him, but would be worth it . Don’t get me wrong he would be difficult to buy, especially witt Lyon selling Fekir and Ndombele.

Aouar is talented, but I don't see him as a defensive oriented midfielder despite his tackling stats being okay and playing more central or left for Lyon - if we are signing Gomes, keeping Siggy, where would he play? He'll be super expensive and honestly, while his talent with the ball is great, his decision making is suspect. He's also out of control often as a player. He could turn out to be AMAZING or could be a bit of a bust.

So to me, we need a CM/DM type, Ibrahim Sangare is ideal to me (and Zat I think). There are others, too, but I think that type of player is a better fit for what we need.

That being said, if they sell Fakir, they won't lose a beat. I hope LFC buy him, because he's supremely overrated IMO much like Naby Keita. Ndombele is really talented and would be a much better fit, but he's going to be CRAZY expensive. Tousart is a good player, too, and the Lyon academy is amazing, so my guess is they'll still be decent even if they sell a couple of guys in the midfield.

Christian Kouame?
I look at it this way - we are happy with DCL, but we need a starter that's better. Collectively, we need both someone to get behind the back line as well as someone who can hold the ball up depending on the tactics of the match.

With that context, I honestly didn't know much about him, but he stood out to me in Genoa's win against Juventus. That match was amazing. He set up the second goal and he looked pacey and dangerous, BUT, not sure what he gives us that DCL doesn't. It was one game, but he still seemed a bit raw - he is 21. He could be that other striker to get behind the defense and he's not small, but not sure that'd be a cost effective move on our part.

We also need to move on Niasse - shouldn't be too tough since he has a single year on his deal left - and Tosun before we buy 2 new CFs.

You can still be overrated at 18.
And you can get significantly better if handled correctly. I bet you were saying how overrated Calvert-Lewin was 2 years ago. He's at least a decent player now. Sessegnon is starting from a point way ahead of where DCL was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back