Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My money is on Loftus Cheek being a target based on the Brands' comments.. thinking about the profile Silva wants in the middle he seems a good fit as he's a decent all rounder with good physical attributes - can imagine him imposing himself in a 4-3-3. Would be great if we could get him for around £30mil and see him really kick on with us, at his age it could be a great move for him..

I would take the 3 who we know can play in the league.
That's not that much of a mismatch. I know everyone and their mother thinks NDombele is the real deal, but he's still got a ways to go. Gana is darn good and would give Aouar and Fekir fits. Gomes would be a problem for us though, agreed. But Fekir is also SOOOOO overrated. Slow, not particularly active, plays like he think he's better than everyone. Good on the ball, no question, scores some screamers, but not a huge fan and think he'd struggle in the PL.

There's a ton of talent on the Lyon team, but they really aren't that great as a team. Okay in the back, good keeper, Traore and Depay are really good beyond those 3 you listed, and even Dembele is a beast in that league. Logically, if they were THAT good, you'd think they'd have a better record than LOSC, but they don't. I know I know, they beat Man City, I get it. But Man City dominated that game and just made a couple mistakes. It was also very early.

My money is on Loftus Cheek being a target based on the Brands' comments.. thinking about the profile Silva wants in the middle he seems a good fit as he's a decent all rounder with good physical attributes - can imagine him imposing himself in a 4-3-3. Would be great if we could get him for around £30mil and see him really kick on with us, at his age it could be a great move for him..
I will never understand what some see in him. He can dribble a bit and he falls over a lot. He's tall. He's a worse defensive player than Gomes. I don't get it.

He's 18 and was pretty decent in the most dysfunctional team in the league. He needs to be given a position and kept there. For me make him an attacker and stop pretending he can play fullback.
I think he’s a talented lad, to be honest this is the time we could possibly get him, as the top 6 will have question marks against him.

Definitely would suit a wing back system imo. And if you think of the young defenders coming through IE feeney, Gibson, Astley even holgate, a wing back system could suit us in a few years
Aouar is talented, but I don't see him as a defensive oriented midfielder despite his tackling stats being okay and playing more central or left for Lyon - if we are signing Gomes, keeping Siggy, where would he play? He'll be super expensive and honestly, while his talent with the ball is great, his decision making is suspect. He's also out of control often as a player. He could turn out to be AMAZING or could be a bit of a bust.

So to me, we need a CM/DM type, Ibrahim Sangare is ideal to me (and Zat I think). There are others, too, but I think that type of player is a better fit for what we need.

That being said, if they sell Fakir, they won't lose a beat. I hope LFC buy him, because he's supremely overrated IMO much like Naby Keita. Ndombele is really talented and would be a much better fit, but he's going to be CRAZY expensive. Tousart is a good player, too, and the Lyon academy is amazing, so my guess is they'll still be decent even if they sell a couple of guys in the midfield.
That's 4 too many. Played LWB/LM a fair amount. The point is he'd benefit from a settled team and again he's 18 years old.
You can still be overrated at 18.
And you can get significantly better if handled correctly. I bet you were saying how overrated Calvert-Lewin was 2 years ago. He's at least a decent player now. Sessegnon is starting from a point way ahead of where DCL was.
I would take the 3 who we know can play in the league.
That's not that much of a mismatch. I know everyone and their mother thinks NDombele is the real deal, but he's still got a ways to go. Gana is darn good and would give Aouar and Fekir fits. Gomes would be a problem for us though, agreed. But Fekir is also SOOOOO overrated. Slow, not particularly active, plays like he think he's better than everyone. Good on the ball, no question, scores some screamers, but not a huge fan and think he'd struggle in the PL.

There's a ton of talent on the Lyon team, but they really aren't that great as a team. Okay in the back, good keeper, Traore and Depay are really good beyond those 3 you listed, and even Dembele is a beast in that league. Logically, if they were THAT good, you'd think they'd have a better record than LOSC, but they don't. I know I know, they beat Man City, I get it. But Man City dominated that game and just made a couple mistakes. It was also very early.

On Sessegnon: I've always said we should have a first 11 on papet and then 11 players u21 (or thereabouts) pushing them for a starting spot.

On the one hand i agree with @Nymzee that hes been overrated in the sense that he was touted at £60mil at the season start to Man Utd, Spurs and others -- on the other hand, for a (then) 17 year old to tear up the championship I think hes allowed some space to grow when stepping up to the premier league in a poor disjointed team.

On the left side we have of course LB-Digne and LF- Bernard, Lookman and Onyekuru. Were we to go for Sessegnon id like to see him as an attacking marauding full back but have no idea if he can be solid defensively...weve seen the benefits with Digne/Baines and the elite teams really benefit with top full backs.

The snag, is the price will be high for someone whose shown flashes and needs a great deal of development. I think he would certainly get that with us.

On Lyon: Ndombele and Aouar seem a great mix to me and far more mobile and active defensively and offensively. I really think they provide the platform for Lyon -- Fekir for me is a bit like Sigurdsson in a sense in that I feel if they were both playing for us then we would look better with a bit of a monster in their with them -- Sangare--Ndombele--Aouar would be able to keep the ball and also get stuck in.

Im not seeing much pace or mobility with Gomes and Sigurdsson and if Gana departs we need to be looking at one of those 3 player types to come in.

Likes a bit of the German filth does Marcel, assume he's just trying to learn the language for when he raids the Bundesliga

Got his eye on this fella I heard.

s-l300.jpg

Can't see us getting anyone from Chelsea. They have the transfer ban, anyone half decent they will keep hold of.

A Gana, Loftus-Cheek, Gomes midfield 3 would be sumptuous.

"None of the players out on loan, including Andre Gomes and Denis Suarez, have a future under Valverde and the club hope they will bring in some money as they look to move them on permanently at the end of the campaign."

Lets lock down Gomes and then add one or two more from our new feeder club.

Rakitic would go against everything Brands claims to represent, and I would hope we wouldn't give a 30 year old a massive long term contract. So I doubt he's in play.

However I'd take Rafinha or Malcolm in a second, as long as the money was right. Semedo or Umtiti would also be great, but seem out of our league.

On Sessegnon: I've always said we should have a first 11 on papet and then 11 players u21 (or thereabouts) pushing them for a starting spot.

On the one hand i agree with @Nymzee that hes been overrated in the sense that he was touted at £60mil at the season start to Man Utd, Spurs and others -- on the other hand, for a (then) 17 year old to tear up the championship I think hes allowed some space to grow when stepping up to the premier league in a poor disjointed team.

On the left side we have of course LB-Digne and LF- Bernard, Lookman and Onyekuru. Were we to go for Sessegnon id like to see him as an attacking marauding full back but have no idea if he can be solid defensively...weve seen the benefits with Digne/Baines and the elite teams really benefit with top full backs.

The snag, is the price will be high for someone whose shown flashes and needs a great deal of development. I think he would certainly get that with us.

On Lyon: Ndombele and Aouar seem a great mix to me and far more mobile and active defensively and offensively. I really think they provide the platform for Lyon -- Fekir for me is a bit like Sigurdsson in a sense in that I feel if they were both playing for us then we would look better with a bit of a monster in their with them -- Sangare--Ndombele--Aouar would be able to keep the ball and also get stuck in.

Im not seeing much pace or mobility with Gomes and Sigurdsson and if Gana departs we need to be looking at one of those 3 player types to come in.

You can't keep 22 PL-ready people happy unfortunately Zat. Even on FIFA I can't.

"None of the players out on loan, including Andre Gomes and Denis Suarez, have a future under Valverde and the club hope they will bring in some money as they look to move them on permanently at the end of the campaign."

Lets lock down Gomes and then add one or two more from our new feeder club.

Rakitic would go against everything Brands claims to represent, and I would hope we wouldn't give a 30 year old a massive long term contract. So I doubt he's in play.

However I'd take Rafinha or Malcolm in a second, as long as the money was right. Semedo or Umtiti would also be great, but seem out of our league.

Semedo is a good player...kind of similar to wan bissaka imo.

I wonder though, Diogo Dalot at united...not had many games...he would be class as well as aarons of norwich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back