Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it’s not a rumour, just a suggestion from someone. He’d suit us but he’d also suit a ton of teams better than us.
Alas it's true ... If I was a young footballer at Man City playing under Guardiola with the potential for a decade of continuous success ahead of me, I wouldn't be leaving any time soon for what is at best, the start of a project to get back to being competitive. Unless he's being moved on, in which case, have a go as you never know.

My only concern with recent commemts on signing young players is if we go down the road of only signing 'potential'.

I remember under Martinez a big complaint was we had too many young and too many old players with no players in the prime of their careers (25-29).

For me the main areas to address have to be a quality CF, a pacey RB and a creative midfielder.
I don’t think that’s a problem and Brands did say 20 to 26. And I’m sure he and silva know you can’t have a team of kids.

Next season there a very good chance at least 6 regular starters will be mid 20’s Pickford, Mina/Zouma, Keane, digne, Gomes and Bernard. Under Martinez it was to many in their 30’s and to many 19/20 year olds

I’d take a punt on Che Adams as back up. Birmingham aren’t going up and based on nothing but pure imagination I’m sure we could get him on a loan with a a fee and a view to buy

I’d take a punt on Che Adams as back up. Birmingham aren’t going up and based on nothing but pure imagination I’m sure we could get him on a loan with a a fee and a view to buy

1. He'd cost £20m+ at this point. Can no longer be characterized as a punt.

2. They're neeeeeever going to loan their star player to the Premier League with an option to buy. They'll want a big fee if they're losing him at all. Him going could put them in even more relegation danger next season.

3. He was in the Championship team of the year. If he comes here he'll look to be viewed as a proper signing who will play rather than a squad back up. Which is fair enough, he'll have other Premier League suitors too.

I doubt it ever happening, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he just needs to get away from the spotlight.
Agreed, he rejected Man U just a few years back so i doubt he would come here, also in terms of bagage he makes Balotelli look like a choir boy but no doubt he is a decent player

1. He'd cost £20m+ at this point. Can no longer be characterized as a punt.

2. They're neeeeeever going to loan their star player to the Premier League with an option to buy. They'll want a big fee if they're losing him at all. Him going could put them in even more relegation danger next season.

3. He was in the Championship team of the year. If he comes here he'll look to be viewed as a proper signing who will play rather than a squad back up. Which is fair enough, he'll have other Premier League suitors too.
Do you really think he would cost more than £20m? i think he would be a great signing he looks a really promising player.

He was completely out of the game? He had 4 tackles and 3 interceptions, leading his team in both categories. They were sitting back and doing a heck of a job with it. PSG had only 4 shots on target, the match was pretty close, PSG didn't have a lot of good chances - only individual brilliance from Mbappe made the difference. He was also often sitting deeper more like a 6, often behind and in support of Sidibe, who is very raw and inexperienced. How on earth - or really, WHY - would you be evaluating his playmaking ability? He's a DM/CM and was playing more like a DM against PSG.

He's not slow in decision making, that's absurd. No one that's seen him more than a couple times would ever say that.

Seri is nothing like Sangare. Seri is a midget and thinks he's Pirlo. He can pass, but he's not even getting a game at Fulham he's so bad. He's a central midfielder that likes to play deep, yet contributes NOTHING off the ball. He's easily bypassed and is a HUGE reason Fulham is getting relegated.
Anguissa? Sangare had twice as many tackles in the same league at the same age and is not a playmaker. He's also 6'3", 21, not even CLOSE to physically mature, and far from the finished product. His ceiling is massive.

Ndombele is going to be 60M. Sangare would be like 25M. One is much more the finished product and more dynamic offensively, at least now. But actually, if you want to look at ratings, Sangare is the higher rated player based on his performances this year in Ligue 1. Ndombele hasn't been amazing this year. If anything, he's been a slight disappointed and hasn't really built on his performance from last year. He's also a year older than Sangare. Brands is - and should be - trying to get the guy NOW who is going to be 60M next year.

Some stats - they are different players...
View attachment 56476
Sake

We've got another one of these fellas now have we?

Do you really think he would cost more than £20m? i think he would be a great signing he looks a really promising player.

Yeah for sure. James Maddison went last summer for £25m remember. Jack Grealish is valued at £40m. The days of getting bargains from the Championship are long gone.

I rate Che Adams and think he'd be a decent addition but he'll only be coming to the Premier League to be a senior player for whatever club he signs for.

Get him in.

I cant understand whats gone on here. Didnt sign an extension and was dropped and stripped of captaincy...now recalled suddenly but hasnt extended

But why do the fans hate him? Its all bizarre!

@Nymzee

Wesley wants to move to England ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back