Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes a very good player, but he isnt walking into any elite sides starting 11 or he would be in Man City's. Just because Real Madrid dont have a top striker doesnt mean they would want Jesus.

Clubs like Real have the pulling power to lash £100 million+ on an elite stablished striker if the board sanction such a move. I think both Real and Barca's recruitment policy has been off in recent seasons tbh its indicative that PSG have two of the worlds brightest young talents in Neymar and Mbappe when years ago they would be at either of the Spanish giants for the rest of their careers.
Barca paid over 100 million for dembele.
They would pay over 60 for one of Brazil's starting forwards

Theo Walcott’s Everton future in question after only 15 months at club
• Club’s highest earner is on £110k a week for two more years
• Former England forward has played just 16 minutes in a month

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...lcott-everton-future-question-after-15-months

SWERVE THE JESUS WHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Punt him back to Southampton.

However hearing he’s our top earner at £110k makes me feel a bit better as I fear we had others on more.

Agree to disagree mate.

He is much much better then your giving him credit for, and better than almost every striker at the clubs you mentioned.

I rate the lad highly I just dont think he's good enough (yet) to attract the very top clubs to lash club record fees at. I think the lines get blurred over how good a player is - Lukaku is a perfect example of that as he was genuinely quality at us but looks average to okay when put in a better side.

Same with Jesus for me, hes a quality player who would stand out in a side like us, but stick him next to Aguero and its night and day.

Someone mentioned him getting in Chelsea's side which he would at present but are Chelsea really an elite side at present? Hazard and Kante aside they dont have any world class players just very good ones.

The elite Chelsea side that had Drogba leading the line Jesus wouldn't get a sniff of first team action.

Probs because he's not a playmaker.

Strange you have such a strong opinion on Sangare - I swear you said you've only seen him once in a game against PSG.
Who else is there to watch him play against in that league? Remember the goal is to also get more than 5 points against the top 6 next year.

I have an equally strong opinion as the rest it’s just that mine is in the opposite direction.

I was also told recently that he is the player that can thread a through ball through the line to a player making a run in stride or play a perfectly weighted ball.

Other than being a tall CM I don’t see the appeal for him

I rate the lad highly I just dont think he's good enough (yet) to attract the very top clubs to lash club record fees at. I think the lines get blurred over how good a player is - Lukaku is a perfect example of that as he was genuinely quality at us but looks average to okay when put in a better side.

Same with Jesus for me, hes a quality player who would stand out in a side like us, but stick him next to Aguero and its night and day.

Someone mentioned him getting in Chelsea's side which he would at present but are Chelsea really an elite side at present? Hazard and Kante aside they dont have any world class players just very good ones.

The elite Chelsea side that had Drogba leading the line Jesus wouldn't get a sniff of first team action.

Drogba was also pretty average at 22.

Not sure why yout comparing prime players to jesus.

He is a perfect back up, developing into a top top player.

Who has world class, in prime back up strikers?? Not 1 club.

Punt him back to Southampton.

However hearing he’s our top earner at £110k makes me feel a bit better as I fear we had others on more.

I read a while back he was our highest earner, so half of me is relieved that we arent paying more, but then just WHAT THE HELL are we spending 140m a year on?????????????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back