Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its something stupid like 750k a week.

For me Sangare would be worse in the league than Seri or Anguissa. He can pass the ball decently well but still not the level of playmaker we need to break into the top 6, clumsy on the ball, has the touch of a small elephant, very slow in decision making, and get caught out while taking 5-6 touches forward just to pass a ball he could have played on his second touch. Very much so unimpressed by him. I even paid to watch the game against PSG and he got an early yellow card and was completely out of the game since that. The card took his ability to play physically and he had nothing left. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen in the Prem.

Ndombele on the other hand with Lyon is very much so the real deal. Lyon’s league position is very much so reflective of the team as a whole. They have a great goalie, starlet studded starting 3 in the mid, and Depay and Dembele up front. Other than that they are a very sub par team with mediocre players. Their defense other than Denayer at times seems to be poorly organized, fekir really hasn’t been all that great this year, traore has really fallen off since his breakout year at Ajax, and Cornet just doesn’t seem to have it. The team is very much so carried by those 6 and and also very often let down by the remaining 5 on the field explaining their position.

Ndombele is an absolute animal and especially in CL he has shown he can already go toe to toe with the best in the world at 21. Physical powerhouse, deft touch, pin point passing, very good position, can get up and down the field or stay home and sit in the deep lying role. He’d be a no brainer even for Barca City and Real.

He was completely out of the game? He had 4 tackles and 3 interceptions, leading his team in both categories. They were sitting back and doing a heck of a job with it. PSG had only 4 shots on target, the match was pretty close, PSG didn't have a lot of good chances - only individual brilliance from Mbappe made the difference. He was also often sitting deeper more like a 6, often behind and in support of Sidibe, who is very raw and inexperienced. How on earth - or really, WHY - would you be evaluating his playmaking ability? He's a DM/CM and was playing more like a DM against PSG.

He's not slow in decision making, that's absurd. No one that's seen him more than a couple times would ever say that.

Seri is nothing like Sangare. Seri is a midget and thinks he's Pirlo. He can pass, but he's not even getting a game at Fulham he's so bad. He's a central midfielder that likes to play deep, yet contributes NOTHING off the ball. He's easily bypassed and is a HUGE reason Fulham is getting relegated.
Anguissa? Sangare had twice as many tackles in the same league at the same age and is not a playmaker. He's also 6'3", 21, not even CLOSE to physically mature, and far from the finished product. His ceiling is massive.

Ndombele is going to be 60M. Sangare would be like 25M. One is much more the finished product and more dynamic offensively, at least now. But actually, if you want to look at ratings, Sangare is the higher rated player based on his performances this year in Ligue 1. Ndombele hasn't been amazing this year. If anything, he's been a slight disappointed and hasn't really built on his performance from last year. He's also a year older than Sangare. Brands is - and should be - trying to get the guy NOW who is going to be 60M next year.

Some stats - they are different players...

What would Mitrovic offer us that DCL cant?

I mean hes probably a slighter better finisher, but hes defo slower, less technical skills.

We have the big lump sorted in DCL, we need the little scamper like ya Defoe.

He's slower, but he's stronger, a better finisher, no way he's less technical, though. He's actually a pretty good passer and pretty clever with the ball. He's also a better goal scorer at this point. I'm not sure that's the type of player Brands would want anyways, but he does give us something different.

Not saying we should buy him, though. Would like us to do better.

Who else is there to watch him play against in that league? Remember the goal is to also get more than 5 points against the top 6 next year.

I have an equally strong opinion as the rest it’s just that mine is in the opposite direction.

I was also told recently that he is the player that can thread a through ball through the line to a player making a run in stride or play a perfectly weighted ball.

Other than being a tall CM I don’t see the appeal for him

I just think maybe best to watch a player a few times before forming a strong opinion.

I’m not advocating we buy him for one second but what happened to Callum Wilson? Was flavour of the month, got an England call up, scored (I think) and now he hasn’t been heard from.

I’d love Gabriel Jesus but even if he was for sale why would Everton be his destination in world football?
Is this actually a rumour (I've only just looked at the last 2 pages of this thread because it's normally idle speculation and it's only the 4th April. Jesus is a player that would fit Silva's plans like a glove and if we're not going to have a Scouse 11, might as well work towards a Brazillian 11 instead.

I'm just going to take a moment to compose myself for the disappointment that Jesus is so far out of our radar for incoming players that even mentioning his name is enough to get me to the John Henry Memorial Hospital for Karius Style Brain Injuries as I sound so delusional.

Is this actually a rumour (I've only just looked at the last 2 pages of this thread because it's normally idle speculation and it's only the 4th April. Jesus is a player that would fit Silva's plans like a glove and if we're not going to have a Scouse 11, might as well work towards a Brazillian 11 instead.

I'm just going to take a moment to compose myself for the disappointment that Jesus is so far out of our radar for incoming players that even mentioning his name is enough to get me to the John Henry Memorial Hospital for Karius Style Brain Injuries as I sound so delusional.

No it’s not a rumour, just a suggestion from someone. He’d suit us but he’d also suit a ton of teams better than us.

My only concern with recent commemts on signing young players is if we go down the road of only signing 'potential'.

I remember under Martinez a big complaint was we had too many young and too many old players with no players in the prime of their careers (25-29).

For me the main areas to address have to be a quality CF, a pacey RB and a creative midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back