Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said nothing about this transfer window all summer. I knew though that we'd be here at this point: against the clock with nothing much significant done. It is now legitimate to start looking at the new season and wondering wtf is going to become of it. We will NOT get the targets we all knew were needed in now. Impossibility.

Ah well, the blue wave......

We are now way worse of than we were at the end of last season.

The reality is for 3rd window in a row, we've not backed the manager in finding a striker so far.
This lack of action makes his job much harder and we've already missed out on Europe in our first season because of lack of speed in the market.

Wow, quick check in during my break at work and tempers are flaring left and right lol

Is anybody like me not arsed that it seems quiet at the moment? There is nothing we can do about it and i have all the faith in Marcel

At the end of the day if we just retained the squad we finished with last season i would be confident of a Europa Spot,

Zouma unfortunately looks unlikely, not completely Yarmalenkoff but not looking good

And Gana may go... replace them and bring in a forward that can play either of the front 3 roles... thats the minimum... anything after that is a bonus... 3-4 signings on deadline day.... not like we didnt get exactly that done LAST season with all quality additions

Relax, smoke some herb, let the proffessionals do what they do

The reality is for 3rd window in a row, we've not backed the manager in finding a striker so far.
This lack of action makes his job much harder and we've already missed out on Europe in our first season because of lack of speed in the market.

Which striker would you like us to sign who is available mate? Danny Welbeck?

The stadium designs will take the heat off the club for the next week on incomings; after that we'll have 7 days to do business.

Something is beginning to seriously stink about Everton's plans for the 2019/20 season.
Davek in cynical, negative post shocker....
Can’t argue with what Dave’s said here this time surely? It’s certainly not ideal and not what we were hoping for. Dave’s not the only one with a bad feeling here.

BUT, we do have to wait until August the 8th before either slamming or praising those involved for the business done/not done.

It’s ok to be concerned though at this point, I know I am.

Wow, quick check in during my break at work and tempers are flaring left and right lol

Is anybody like me not arsed that it seems quiet at the moment? There is nothing we can do about it and i have all the faith in Marcel

At the end of the day if we just retained the squad we finished with last season i would be confident of a Europa Spot,

Zouma unfortunately looks unlikely, not completely Yarmalenkoff but not looking good

And Gana may go... replace them and bring in a forward that can play either of the front 3 roles... thats the minimum... anything after that is a bonus... 3-4 signings on deadline day.... not like we didnt get exactly that done LAST season with all quality additions

Last day signings aren't ideal. We didn't have them fit and available until mid September or into october last year.

Silva is sending clear messages to the fans that he has been let down and wont get in the players he either a) wants and/or b) was promised.

March 2019: "We have our targets agreed"
Late July 2019: Nothing.

If we go into the season with DCL upfront we have AGAIN missed a massive opportunity for top 4. How many of these are we going to get??? Probably be the last.City, Norway and Spurs are cemented in top 3 and will only get stronger. Chelsea, Arsenal, United can only get better and currently we will struggle to top Wolves and Leicester.

We need 7 outs and 4/5 in. 13 deals in 2 weeks?

#PanicTime

Hi mate, Wolves haven’t made any signing either, cheers x

Yeah, because I don't have the same opinion as you, I must be warped.

I'm not saying Messi is average. It's Bernard. Arrogance of the highest order.

I've respected your opinion and given salient points of my own. You don't have to agree with it, that's fine. Just don't be a pleb about it.
You do realise that when the only person agreeing with you is a stat freak with a passionate dislike of Bernard then the chances are you are wrong

I listened to the EBM podcast last night. Whilst I don't take these things as gospel, I did find it deflating. An uncharacteristically tetchy encounter between John Blain as fan advocate and The Esk as devils advocate, the latter suggesting it was strictly sell to buy.

We certainly cannot live beyond our means with regulations to comply with, a significant loss expected on the next set of accounts, and BMD on the horizon.

I think we'll get a few players in but not to the degree hoped for unless Moshiri extends a personal line of credit. The loan strategy will be very much to the fore again I feel.

We are a bit like kids on Christmas Eve expecting shiny new signings, and I am like that, but that discussion did serve to rein in my expectations quite a bit.

Can’t argue with what Dave’s said here this time surely? It’s certainly not ideal and not what we were hoping for. Dave’s not the only one with a bad feeling here.

BUT, we do have to wait until August the 8th before either slamming or praising those involved for the business done/not done.

It’s ok to be concerned though at this point, I know I am.

That is my point, just wait until after deadline day if you want to push your conspiracy theories.

I like everyone else would rather we already had our targets in of course, but especially after last season when we left it late and then made 3 good signings, I'm willing to cut the club a bit of slack until then.

Like I said in another post, I guarantee there were loads of people crying this time last year who were then made to look a bit stupid when we signed 3 players

Take a look at the calander mate.

All summer (sorry) all year to line up deals and seal them and here we are with a reserve GK , Dads Army's Corporal Baines and a player we had on loan signed up.

We need massive attacking reinforcements in, we need a RB to push or ideally displace Coleman, we need a CB, and when Gueye goes we'll need a DM.

Still, look at the blue wave.........
Ever thought about being a professional mourner Dave.

If you dont have targets in early, you struggle in the opening quarter of the season. Silva's frustration was there for all to see last summer with the late arrivals. I dont think he'll have that problem this season's start...he'll have a bigger headache than that.

This stadium design reveal timing stinks of deflection. This is Everton, this is how they work.

I’ve seen so many of these “chill and have faith in Marcel” stuff on here and social media, but the bloke can only work with what he’s given. I’m sure he’s done the scouting and lining up deals to death, that’s his job, but if the funds aren’t there what else can he do? Having faith in him is irrelevant.

We were warned what the financial state of play was this summer by he I won’t mention, and we all chose to ignore him because we simply didn’t want to believe him.

But maybe, just maybe he was right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back