• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My predictions, based on absolutely nothing:

RB: Something about the Trippier move made me think that Arias may be on after all that. Hopefully reasonably cheap.
CB: Genuinely think we'll bring Happy home. Would bet big if we do, though, that it'll be a last-minute job and that we'll end up forking out at least £5m over what's been touted all summer as his fee.
CM: No idea, but I reckon it'll happen very soon after we wave goodbye to Gana. Partly because of "sell to buy" and partly so as not to damage our negotiating position with PSG (we can demand more if we haven't got a replacement in the squad).
RW/ST: I think both will be loan deals and both out of the blue. I'd love to believe we'll end up with Malcom and Kean or some of the other big and/or exciting players that have been linked but I can't see it.

I imagine there will be one or two U23 signings thrown in as well - The GK from Fleetwood being one.

I’m loving the new Everton with Brands conducting the business.

Not one person outside his inner circle, perhaps even them, have a clue about what’s going on or who he’s targeting.

Then .... BOOOOOOM.

Be prepared, he might just let a grenade or two off soon.

My predictions, based on absolutely nothing:

RB: Something about the Trippier move made me think that Arias may be on after all that. Hopefully reasonably cheap.
CB: Genuinely think we'll bring Happy home. Would bet big if we do, though, that it'll be a last-minute job and that we'll end up forking out at least £5m over what's been touted all summer as his fee.
CM: No idea, but I reckon it'll happen very soon after we wave goodbye to Gana. Partly because of "sell to buy" and partly so as not to damage our negotiating position with PSG (we can demand more if we haven't got a replacement in the squad).
RW/ST: I think both will be loan deals and both out of the blue. I'd love to believe we'll end up with Malcom and Kean or some of the other big and/or exciting players that have been linked but I can't see it.

I imagine there will be one or two U23 signings thrown in as well - The GK from Fleetwood being one.

I've got a good feeling about Kean.

I hope you're right. I think he'd be a great fit and I think his experiences in Italy - disgusting though they are - will have given him a bit of edge and added steel.

I'd have no beef with a buy back clause within reason, if we can get two good years out of him.

I love him as a player, I think (as you say) he'd be mad to stay at Juve after they chucked him under the bus. They need him to sign a new deal or leave this window and the link won't go away.

If he added 5 goals to his tally of 6 league goals last season, he'd be scoring at the same rate as Rondon and Mitrovic did last season.

Unless Richarlison and Bernard can get 30 goals between them, that's still not good enough for me.
Unless your real name is Marco Silva then I am not sure if anybody is bothered.

Really surprised that so many people's heads are falling off. We've signed 3 players, one of whom is a new addition to the first team squad.

Of the teams that finished above and are vaguely within reach (i.e. not Liverpool and City), only United have improved.
- Chelsea signed Kovacic and Pulisic (but lost Hazard ffs)
- Spurs have signed a 17 year old and an 18 year old
- Arsenal have signed an 18 year old
- United have done a fair bit of business and will be stronger
- Wolves have signed two players that were on loan at the club last season and two youngsters

People need to calm down, absolute madness some of the crap dave and others are spewing

I absolutely do agree that it would be far better if we had new signings already in and settling into the squad.

However, it is quite different to last year in that the manager and his staff have now worked with the majority of the players for over a year.
The team against Palace will likely include Pickford, Coleman,Keane, Minna, Digne Gomes,Richarlison,Sigurrdson,Bernard and DCL.
Delph has been working with the squad for a couple of weeks already and Gueye will probably be just back to training and not ready even if he isn't sold first.

At most I think we would probably see one or possibly two new faces in that team on the first day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back