Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

True.

It's more that Gana going leaves a hole not such in the squad but in the system. We simply can't now play the way we did at the back end of last season. No chance. And so it means we need to switch tact.

Maybe that has already begun, but from the first few games of pre-season, we were playing in a very similar style (albeit with players getting up to fitness and without some key cogs).
I suppose it depends on the replacement ok, we aren’t getting someone who does what gana can , but if the new player. Can do 80% but offers a bit more on the ball, then that may balance out.

If we buy a technically gifted number 6, giving license for Gomes to go forward more, maybe that would bring us more success against the bottom 10 sides, where silva wants to dominate the ball.

And he then may sacrifice siggurdsson in certain games. I know I’m going to get the he scored 14 goals and got so many assists shouts. But by maybe playing Delph and Gomes either side of a new defensive midfielder, that would give us the energy in certain games.

Not sure Tim, you could make a case that its a weaker squad than last season, due to Zoooms not being in it, but we started the window without Gomes, so we have improved during the window.

If we're to believe the rumours of the imminent sales I should add.

We can find alternatives for Gueye and Zouma, but if we retain neither, then we are in poor shape unless we replace them well.

Weaker squad than we started the window, if we're to believe the rumours of imminent sales.

I think we'll end with a squad about the same strength.

Which unfortunately i don't think is good enough if we then have to spend the first weeks of the system adapting to a new way of playing.

Hopefully I'm wrong and we settle straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back