Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does that matter? The argument was that, given more minutes he will score more goals. That same logic can be applied to many strikers such as those I mentioned who were more effective than DCL, including Tosun.

In any case Calvert Lewin isn’t 21. He’ll be 23 this season. That’s not old but it isn’t young for a Footballer either. He’s had two full seasons with 40+ appearances. He’ll inevitably get better as he matures, but I don’t think he is capable of doubling his output.

You seemingly do, that’s fine.

Apologies just turned 22. Surely it makes all the difference, as players who are 22 tend to improve, whereas older players don't.

I think the lads excellent, dominated the defences of Arsenal, United and Chelsea.

In general they are though. Until the window is closed or players are bought or sold it is absolutely pointless getting upset. As we have seen for years, business gets done late in the window and more often than not (especially recently) we do well and end up better off.

As a an optimist, people who ignore all this and chose to cry before the event are just asking for it.
There are different levels I think. People throwing their toys out of the pram are obviously a bit daft, but I think the idea that it’s ‘obvious’ we’ll ‘sign boss players’ is equally daft.

Sorry if it makes me a bed wetter, but I am mildly concerned about where we are right now. It can change very quickly and I’m not suggesting it won’t, but the truth is it looks very feasible that we’ll be without 2 regulars (and in my opinion key players) from last season. If that’s the case then we need to replace them, and get maybe 3 other new players in the next 2 weeks. Of course that can be done, but it’s not exactly ideal to be trying to wrap up 5 deals in 2 weeks and go into the season with half your first choice team never having met each other before.

There are different levels I think. People throwing their toys out of the pram are obviously a bit daft, but I think the idea that it’s ‘obvious’ we’ll ‘sign boss players’ is equally daft.

Sorry if it makes me a bed wetter, but I am mildly concerned about where we are right now. It can change very quickly and I’m not suggesting it won’t, but the truth is it looks very feasible that we’ll be without 2 regulars (and in my opinion key players) from last season. If that’s the case then we need to replace them, and get maybe 3 other new players in the next 2 weeks. Of course that can be done, but it’s not exactly ideal to be trying to wrap up 5 deals in 2 weeks and go into the season with half your first choice team never having met each other before.

Shusshhhh Bed Wetter!

Apologies just turned 22. Surely it makes all the difference, as players who are 22 tend to improve, whereas older players don't.

I think the lads excellent, dominated the defences of Arsenal, United and Chelsea.
He's clearly not excellent at scoring, shooting, or passing. He could be yet, of course. Still young. He still gets his head on everything and is disruptive as anyone pressing into the other team's end...but Leao excels at everything he does not. He's 19 and is just a better CF in almost every other area.

The Jorge v Mino Derby.

Screen-Shot-2018-08-22-at-17.36.38.png

Fair enough but, I am so certain that Marcel and Marco are not going to go into the new season without a replacement for Zouma, Gueye and the obvious 1 or 2 attacking players we have been linked with all summer. Add to that Gomes, Delph and Lossl and I am not in the least bit concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back