Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't want it to. If we'd signed 7 players they'd all whinge that they're not good enough. You will NEVER stop their crusade.
There are a certain members on here that i am convinced want Everton to fail in everything so that they can say i told you so , they are absolute cretins and if they are not happy with the Blues they should go and support somebody else.

c£30m spent. c£20m recouped. Irrespective of when the money came in. Lookman and Gueye sales on the horizon. Club know they have at least another £40m incoming. So i'd expect us to sign a couple either before those two are sealed, or just after. It still implies we're restricted in a way we weren't last summer.

If you ran a business on predicted / expected income you would soon end up in a mess mate.

You never know. It’s clear Zaha wants out of Palace and it may be that they don’t want to deal with Arsenal after all the blatant low balling and unsettling of him.

They might do business with us, but ultimately it will be up to the player - if we are interested that is.

c£30m spent. c£20m recouped. Irrespective of when the money came in. Lookman and Gueye sales on the horizon. Club know they have at least another £40m incoming. So i'd expect us to sign a couple either before those two are sealed, or just after. It still implies we're restricted in a way we weren't last summer.

Spending 22 mil on a player THEN selling someone for 14 mil is NOT sell to buy.

Come one mate, getting a bit weird now fabricating reasons to moan.

When Brands arrived the watch word was patience, there was a general acceptance that we were at the beginning of a very long painful re-build. No one needs to see that squad list from the end of 17/18 with the coach tract lengths and wages given to some players again to see what a mess we were in.

So Brands starts the first window targeting good players but showing a refusal to pay cost the odds for them. We even waited until the last day to push Barcelona to accept the fee. We were rewarded with our best window since the Moyes years and 6 first team players out of 6 transfers.

We get to the second summer window and all of a sudden all patience is now gone. The strategy of waiting for the right players at the right price has just been replaced with us wanting to just overpay for players we don’t want just to ‘get someone in’. There’s now a desire to accelerate what was probably a 5 year job into one transfer window. ‘Just buy 4 top class first team players in these positions now Brands FFS’

I don’t know whether it’s the success of his first window has created a rod for his back or if people are just on the wind up but do people realise what a task that is we are asking of him? Essentially to completely revamp 5 years of terrible recruitment within two summer windows, delivering us 10 first team players of top 6 quality at bargain prices, oh and by the way you need to have a 100% success rate on your transfers, and we’d like you not to leave any deals until later in the window.

It’s completely unrealistic and fortunately Brands seems single minded and competent enough to follow his own strategy rather than reacting to a hysterical fan base.

Post of the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back