Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes me think it can’t carry on is other teams improving their squads around us and DCL’s atrocious scoring record.

If you think we can progress with him as our main striker, more fool you.
Oh ...I dont want him as our main striker.
I want a goalscorer like everyone else does , but there's no need to slag the lad off saying we'ed be lucky to finish top 10 with him leading the line when last season proved you totally wrong.

It’s hard to deny that at this stage we are no stronger than last season, could even be argued that when Gana goes we are weaker.

Thought they would have got a striker in early, but if thats not possible until we offload then that’s just the way it is.

It’s hard to deny that at this stage we are no stronger than last season, could even be argued that when Gana goes we are weaker.

Thought they would have got a striker in early, but if thats not possible until we offload then that’s just the way it is.

Apparently it's undeniable that we're better than last season. Can't be disputed.

He handed in a transfer request.
If no one else bids for him what happens then?

If your insinuating that his price will have to drop because no other clubs are interested in him, therefore we'll jump to the front of the queue, that's incredibly unlikely.

The second that Palace's stance weakens, there wouldn't be a shortage of top six clubs willing to take Zaha for £40-£50m. There's just nobody willing to pay the £80m quoted.

He deserves European Football. Very good player. If we did manage to secure him, it would be a coup and I would doff my hat to Brands.

The Zaha thing is not going to happen

1) He wants UCL footie
2) his not worth £80m
3) we don’t need a player like him
I agree with points 1 & 2 but not point 3.
Zaha is a very good player and would certainly improve our team a lot.
He is a bit of a diver and a whinger but all would be forgiven if he was our diver and whinger.

However, the price is far too high, he wants to join Arsenal and I doubt if we are interested.

Well now you're being silly. I'm not for one second suggesting we "just take it" and accept whatever is on offer.
In fairness that's how your original post read to me too. So he isn't being silly really.

The players we are looking to offload fall into 3 categories. Those that will be nowhere near our match day squad and have little or no value, those that will be nowhere near our squad and will have some value, and those that have a value and could be in our match day squad if we are unable to bring in a replacement this window.

The first category includes players like Mirallas, Martina, Bolasie and Niasse, and we will take what we can get for them. That doesn't mean that we should just take the first offer that comes though, but it's fair to say there probably won't be many takers.

The second category includes the likes of McCarthy, Besic, Pennington, Henry (unless we get a work permit). Again we have our value that needs to be met or negotiated.

The final group are the likes of Lookman, Tosun Schneiderlin, possibly Walcott and sadly Geuye. If they sell, we will bring in replacements, and we should bring in a replacement striker in any event because we have to improve the starting XI in that position.

The point is, it's Brands job to get as much value as possible for these players and that can take time. We've already offloaded 7 and it looks like Lookman will be going soon too. But remember we have up to the end of August to sort the outgoings.

So, whilst it would have been good to see more of thee players off our books, I have to agree with@bol-uk that phrases like "1000% interest", "lack of ambition in transfer market" and "could have got rid weeks ago" are well wide of the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back