Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Brands arrived the watch word was patience, there was a general acceptance that we were at the beginning of a very long painful re-build. No one needs to see that squad list from the end of 17/18 with the coach tract lengths and wages given to some players again to see what a mess we were in.

So Brands starts the first window targeting good players but showing a refusal to pay cost the odds for them. We even waited until the last day to push Barcelona to accept the fee. We were rewarded with our best window since the Moyes years and 6 first team players out of 6 transfers.

We get to the second summer window and all of a sudden all patience is now gone. The strategy of waiting for the right players at the right price has just been replaced with us wanting to just overpay for players we don’t want just to ‘get someone in’. There’s now a desire to accelerate what was probably a 5 year job into one transfer window. ‘Just buy 4 top class first team players in these positions now Brands FFS’

I don’t know whether it’s the success of his first window has created a rod for his back or if people are just on the wind up but do people realise what a task that is we are asking of him? Essentially to completely revamp 5 years of terrible recruitment within two summer windows, delivering us 10 first team players of top 6 quality at bargain prices, oh and by the way you need to have a 100% success rate on your transfers, and we’d like you not to leave any deals until later in the window.

It’s completely unrealistic and fortunately Brands seems single minded and competent enough to follow his own strategy rather than reacting to a hysterical fan base.

Certain posters should be made to read that every day before they get out of bed.

Superb post.

Never seen him kick a ball but I know the weird lads on here rave about him.
Yeah,never heard of him till about a month ago,not seen him play,but sounds good,but then again most do sound good till you see them play or you have watched the Youtube edited videos that make everyone look brilliant lol

If your insinuating that his price will have to drop because no other clubs are interested in him, therefore we'll jump to the front of the queue, that's incredibly unlikely.

The second that Palace's stance weakens, there wouldn't be a shortage of top six clubs willing to take Zaha for £40-£50m. There's just nobody willing to pay the £80m quoted.

He deserves European Football. Very good player. If we did manage to secure him, it would be a coup and I would doff my hat to Brands.
The only top 6 club said to be interested are Arsenel. His preferred destination apparently. But if we offered say 55 million and they offer 50 and palace want rid of a player who wants out .
I'd be stunned if anyone paid north of 60

Certain posters should be made to read that every day before they get out of bed.

Superb post.
I sort of agree with him. But never a fan of these 5 year plan things. I dont even think Brands would be thinking that far in advance. It's an eternity in football.

There's no time like the present and it would be disappointing if we take a step back this summer because there's a chance to capitalise on the weaknesses of a couple of the bigger sides.

laughing at the blokes in here thinking the real life transfer market works like Football Manager

BUY ALL THE PLAYERS

OFFER ALL THE WAGES

They should take a look at the chaos caused to the wage budget of my 2030/31 side by an 18 year old prodigy of a playmaker and an urgent need to bring in a keeper. :confused:

I don't believe a word of the Zaha link. I also recognize that he creates chances, but he gives the ball away more than anyone else in the league by a mile, which is one of our biggest problems. Still think Malcom will be the one we get and think he's a better fit, although maybe not a better player, yet. Stressing yet.

Well after doing a quick fact check, I can confirm that no he hasn’t.

I said that last season the squad was far better than it was in 17/18 and also that I was confident that it would be stronger at the start of this season again. Don’t remember saying anywhere that I thought as it stands we’re stronger now.

Really hope the window ends with nothing else happening.

Arses will go, temperatures will rise, people will be swarming to Morrison’s car park hourly and hopefully, hopefully, it’ll all get too much for some and we can cull a large chunk of the GOT fan base for a nice relaxing season ahead.
As long as we are able to offload Lookman to RBL first ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back