Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All a bit Bolasie and Sandro this...

Have we not learned any lessons?
Moise Kean is a complete opposite player to Sandro and is one of the most gifted U20 players in Europe. Think Walsh was the only one that wanted Sandro tbh. And Zaha isn't happening anyway but he's miles better than bolasie ffs. You probably hated the Richarlison signing too

Do you know what I would just take Kean, a CM and CB at this stage. We can probably get by on the wings. As much as I would like one we need to be realistic those are the key positions for me. Sig can also play off a wing at times or Kean as a wide forward if we need to rotate.
Yes. Centre Forward, Centre Back and Gana replacement (if he goes). Absolutely imperative that we fill these positions before window closes. Other positions (RB and Winger) would be icing on the top. Too much to expect in 12 days I feel. So, prioritise.

And, as ever........that many signings coming in so late in the day means we'll likely go with what we've got at the moment for the first few games (August matches).

....it’s Sunday 28th July, which by my reckoning means there’s 12 days of the transfer window left. Here’s this morning Toffee Transfer round-up;

- After losing back-to-back games in the Opel Cup, Everton boss Marco Silva couldn’t hide his disappointment and told the Liverpool Echo the Toffees may need to sign 5 players before Deadline Day if the team are “to do better than last season”. Silva is trying to convince Idrissa Gueye to ignore PSG but might need to bring in a replacement, along with a centre back, striker, right back and a winger.

- The Express report Everton are on the verge of selling Gueye, RMC say the Toffees have opened talks with Lyon over £20m rated Lucas Tousart but have not yet submitted a bid for the 22 year old.

- According to JuveFC.com, Everton are in advanced talks to sign striker Moise Kean. Sky Sports say the Bianconeri are asking £36m, whilst Corriere dello Sport suggests the Toffees are ‘crazy’ for the 19 year old and are happy to pay €40m to get the deal done. That article says they are unsure if a buy-back clause is stalling the transfer.

- Many outlets continue to link Everton with 26 year old Wilfried Zaha, and an eagle-eyed fan has noticed the Palace winger is now following Moise Kean on Instagram. The Express reckon the Blues are ready to eclipse Arsenal’s £40m bid, whilst Palace Manager, Roy Hodgson, has told Sky Sports he has no idea what is going on: “He’s dealing with the Chairman, The Chairman’s his link. They know each other very well and get on very well together. What is going on with Wilf is going on between him and the Chairman & I can’t enlighten you at all.”

- Journalist Duncan Castles reports Everton have been in touch with Lille regarding 20 year old striker, Rafael Leao, as the Toffees are not banking on signing Zaha.

- According to French Journalist, Saber Desfarges, Everton have lined up Chelsea midfielder, Tiemoue Bakayoko, as a possible replacement for Idrissa Gueye. The 24 year old spent last season on loan at AC Milan.

- The Express report Everton have joined the race for Southampton’s £20m rated 25 year old midfielder, Mario Lemina, whilst Sportslens say Newcastle are plotting a bargain £4m move for Everton’s James McCarthy.

Last edited:

Big two weeks ahead then
It is mate. But two weeks ago we were saying "its a big month ahead", and when the window opened we were saying "its a big transfer window ahead".

That said, most of the clubs are in the same position.......it all happens late in the window. Why, I don't know....but thats how it always seems. As mentioned by Silva, we want to improve on last seasons position. He said we need 4 or 5 (more) players to do that (improve quality in squad). Its a very big ask in 12 days. And, intergration into squad won't be instant unless we're very lucky.
I'm now expecting a slow start to the season as it stands. But, I live in hope for better things!

It’s not acceptable to be this close to the new season and still not having improved the squad from last year. The majority of pre-season games have now been played, in which we have been very poor against average opponents.

Get a move on, ffs.

Christ what happened in here last night!? The fish were biting all over the place. My old friend Eric observed "When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea." Never a truer word(s)..

Did find it weird during commentary yesterday when Darren mentioned ‘Gueye and Richarlison being..’ then paused for a few seconds before going on to talk about international duty. Sounded like he nearly slipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back