Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we're 11 days from the end of the summer transfer window; apart from Delph in we're no further forward than last season having also lost a player and with Gueye and maybe Richarlison to go; we're giving away players like Schneiderlin for nothing when incoming funds are crucial for us to go out and spend; the manager is now saying he is disappointed with the preseason and the state of the squad and needs 5 more in...I dont know, maybe you see the positives in all that, but I dont.

Of course you don’t see any positives, Dave. If you won the lottery you’d be straight to complaining that your wallet was too heavy.

You spent all last summer insisting Pickford would be sold to fund our spending and you were completely wrong.

Weird how you patronise posters on here, calling them naive for believing information that comes directly from the club and yet some internet virgin on GOT makes up a rumour about Richarlison leaving and you’re “refusing to dismiss it” lol

You’re so desperate to be negative and contrary that you can’t even keep a consistent approach.

Wasn't davek who started this. Go back to page 5428 it was I believe. Send this thread on a major crash down.

Imo, you only need two things to survive on GOT. Sawdust and bucket loads of salt, as pinches get you only that far.
Yeah I know he didn’t start it, but he’s damn well going with it isn’t he!
Agree with the essential requirements btw.

Is it just me that doesn't want zaha? He's over hyped and couldn't do it for utd, doesn't score that often and now with VAR won't get as many pens, he also goes missing in a palace team. No ta
No, he’s the biggest hypejob out there. Looks good with the ball, but doesnt score or assist anywhere near enough. Just falls over now and again. Id take him for 30m at the absolute most

26 goals and 26 assists in 98 games in the last 3 years. That's 1 in every 1.8 games. He's also one of the best players in the leauge for transitioning the play.

He does dive there's no denying that but he also gets absolutely kicked everywhere. Just have to look back at last season to see some of the horror tackles done to him.

Chris Smalling.

Read my reply to what someone else said. Basically we need another CB. Not linked with any. 11 days to go to get someone in with experience at the very least. You make any other genuine suggestions as to who. I'd be interested to hear the consensus.

Edit: Apparently favourites for Phil Jones. Someone posted in here.

I'll panic after the window closes if we haven't got the 5 players we need. Until then, it's pointless.

Whether we want to get business done early or not, it often takes ages because clubs play a game of brinkmanship, and most deals are dependent on other ones happening. No coincidence that such a large proportion of transfer deals happen in the last week or so of the window.

It's annoying, but without unlimited resources you have to play the game.

Not worried, although I understand why some are. Between now and the end of the window we need a striker, a winger (ideally a left footed one), a replacement for Gueye, a replacement for Zouma and a right back (that one could be a loan tbf). There's enough time to get that all done yet.

Let's not rewrite history. Most of us on here wanted sandro

There is no question he was an exciting signing, for the money we paid it didn't look like much of a gamble at the time, and it looked a bit of a bargain, but it became a gamble once it came out how much we were paying him in wages. Now there were a few other teams sniffing round him at the time as well, so because we paid such a low transfer fee we probably thought it was a no brainer paying him those wages too make sure he joined us, but as they say, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Teams can be interested in richarlison all they like, we're not going to sell him now with so few days left and already needing four or five players.

Read my reply to what someone else said. Basically we need another CB. Not linked with any. 11 days to go to get someone in with experience at the very least. You make any other genuine suggestions as to who. I'd be interested to hear the consensus.

Edit: Apparently favourites for Phil Jones. Someone posted in here.

Well if your advocating spending proper money on tosh like Smalling we might as well save our money and get Gary Cahill on a free transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back