Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If zaha was an in demand player with multiple clubs chasing then slap on a big price tag upfront. Looks like we're the only suitor and we've got this to ourselves so by all means take the time and squeeze every overpriced penny out of the deal.

So we get kean, he scores a few then Juve are just gonna buy him back and we're back to square one. We're going to need another striker even if he does come in

But if he “scores a few”, that is the benefit to us isn’t it? This is pretty much our only means of signing young talent from big teams until we’re considered a big team ourselves.

If he does well enough to trigger a buy back we end up with a couple of years of a class striker and a profit.

I have to say it doesn't strike me as a Brands signing unless he is banking on Zaha kicking on again with us and we sell him for a profit in two years.

Zaha is the right age (26 I think?) and Brands did say they’d pay big fees but not mammoth wages.

I Wonder was this money that was earmarked for Pepe (who we supposedly had interest in) and now that he’s going to Arsenal we’re moving down our list of targets? Still suspect we’ll see Neres or Malcom.

Palace holding out for top dollar but Brands can see that all other suitors are dropping out therefore IF they want to sell they will have to sell to the top bidder. That’s us right now

Kean Juve want buy back, we don’t so we stall and again if they want to sell they may relent.

It’s all about negotiating and the end of the window makes clubs blink as with Barcelona last season. Brands stayed strong and they sold at a price we were happy with instead of us overpaying through panicking .

Yes but apparently according to Duncan Castles, if he only had the option of coming to us he would. I doubt we would make a public bid without some indication?

Unless Brands has been looking at the stats.

lol yearh, who is Duncan castle mate? I dunno this just seems odd to me. Unless we really are going for broke in the window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back