Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sign Zaha then that would be him and Delph as 'experienced' heads to come into the team. Thats not a bad thing if we have young players coming in.

At the back perhaps Gibson may get a little time, midfield the enigma (Davies) and then Richarlison, DCL and perhaps Kean.

It does make sense from an experience side.

The mix would be:

30 ish -- Sigurdsson / Coleman / Delph
25+ -- Digne / Keane / Gomes / Zaha / Pickford
U25 -- Mina / Richarlison / DCL (Kean)

So very balanced across the age groups.

For me, it works if we sign Kean and the CB and CM players we go for are in the u25 age bracket.

Im not overly concerned with age groups, I dont of course want a team of over 30s, but as long as they are good enough I dont mind, our best players from last season were all different age groups Rico, Digne, Gana, so for me age doesnt really matter.

We all agree that this window is about improving the team/squad from last season and I think we all agree that we are behind on how we ended the season.

Does Zaha improve us? Yes, is Zaha worth the 60m+ we will have to pay? If he scores more goals than his ever scored in his career, then yes, we will only be able to determine his value at the end of the season.

Delph and Gomes arent ideal CMs from a goalscoring or assist point of view.

Fortunately if Sigurdssonis in the team (which baring injury, he is first picked) , neither Gomes or Delph need to be. As Sigurdsson is pretty much the second striker, meaning they are really the only two midfielders on the pitch (if on the pitch together)...

Another thing with Zaha is he is fouled an outrageous amount. I know people will say he dives and to some extent he does but it's also necessary because he very often is grabbed and pushed. I don't like diving but the way the game is refereed currently makes it almost necessary or the other team will take advantage and bully you freely.

This means a lot of dangerous free kicks and penalties. I believe he earned 6 penalties last season which is a huge ability if we actually convert them.

Another thing with Zaha is he is fouled an outrageous amount. I know people will say he dives and to some extent he does but it's also necessary because he very often is grabbed and pushed. I don't like diving but the way the game is refereed currently makes it almost necessary or the other team will take advantage and bully you freely.

This means a lot of dangerous free kicks and penalties. I believe he earned 6 penalties last season which is a huge ability if we actually convert them.

A LOT

fouls.webp

Sorry of already discussed but I haven’t had a chance to read back yet

I just read an article (i know, i know, blag journo’s) which details how PSG’s securing of Gana rules out their move for Bakayoko who Lampard was counting on heading out the door to ease their “homegrown” quota issues and how a number of players will miss out on Champions League football because of it...

Could this mean we could ease the pressure by relieving them of Zouma? Kurt was one of the names listed in the missing out on UCL games list

Sorry of already discussed but I haven’t had a chance to read back yet

I just read an article (i know, i know, blag journo’s) which details how PSG’s securing of Gana rules out their move for Bakayoko who Lampard was counting on heading out the door to ease their “homegrown” quota issues and how a number of players will miss out on Champions League football because of it...

Could this mean we could ease the pressure by relieving them of Zouma? Kurt was one of the names listed in the missing out on UCL games list

It just means they wont be able to name all of them in the CL squad, if they think they wanna keep Zouma they will name him.

Dont think it will effect whether we get Zouma or not personally, still 50/50 atm imo.

Has Zaha ever scored more than 10 goals in one season? I highly doubt it. He's too keen on throwing himself onto the floor when he's near to the goal.

Nope he’s gone it onace and that was last season. Scored 45 career goals in over 300 games think it’s 45 in 303 if memory serves right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back