Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing with Zaha is he is fouled an outrageous amount. I know people will say he dives and to some extent he does but it's also necessary because he very often is grabbed and pushed. I don't like diving but the way the game is refereed currently makes it almost necessary or the other team will take advantage and bully you freely.

This means a lot of dangerous free kicks and penalties. I believe he earned 6 penalties last season which is a huge ability if we actually convert them.

Spending fast sums of money on a player because he dives and wins pens etc the season before VAR comes in ? Sounds like a flawless plan :)

Spending fast sums of money on a player because he dives and wins pens etc the season before VAR comes in ? Sounds like a flawless plan :)
I've gone back and looked at every penalty (I think) that he's earned the last two years and a large majority of them are stonewall penalties that have 0 chance of getting changed by VAR. There are a few that might not. Arsenal he really sells one but my opinion is Xhaka has stabbed out and missed the ball. It's a foul for me and VAR is pretty much operating under anything with contact is given so I say that stays. City in the 0-0 where Milivojevic misses the pen might get brought back as Sterling has only really nudged him a bit and he's collapsed. And the one at Anfield where Karius clatters him might get changed because it was a weird one and it was at Anfield.

Honestly I think it could go the other way. I don't watch Palace weekly but I've seen my fair share and from what I see for every bad Zaha dive he gets a foul against him let go three times. The guy is kicked, grabbed, pushed and bodied constantly. It might be possible that VAR prevents teams from doing that nearly as much.

I've gone back and looked at every penalty (I think) that he's earned the last two years and a large majority of them are stonewall penalties that have 0 chance of getting changed by VAR. There are a few that might not. Arsenal he really sells one but my opinion is Xhaka has stabbed out and missed the ball. It's a foul for me and VAR is pretty much operating under anything with contact is given so I say that stays. City in the 0-0 where Milivojevic misses the pen might get brought back as Sterling has only really nudged him a bit and he's collapsed. And the one at Anfield where Karius clatters him might get changed because it was a weird one and it was at Anfield.

Honestly I think it could go the other way. I don't watch Palace weekly but I've seen my fair share and from what I see for every bad Zaha dive he gets a foul against him let go three times. The guy is kicked, grabbed, pushed and bodied constantly. It might be possible that VAR prevents teams from doing that nearly as much.

Summer nights flying by......

Watched half of it and seen one goal and one assist on a “highlights” video.

Tbh his videos are all pretty much Bolasie style tricks then a 5 yard pass or a shot when the tricks come off.

Not really WOW level of excitement.

Kind of non-plussed myself.

• Middle Finger
Reactions: FTY
Well hopefully my the time I wake up, sipping on coffee, reading this high quality thread with loads of trustworthy sources... we have at least bagged someone. Should be a fun week. Let’s strap it down boys. Give me your player and the probability he falls into our lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back