Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I know he's alright people.

But... how little the Echo know is a bit painful.

The amount of times Kirkbride has done an 'inside track' piece this summer, which has been contradicted within about 12 hours, are countless.

The best was 'Delph not signed yet, heading over to Switzerland tomorrow' when Delph had been in Switzerland all that day and had signed that morning, with the deal confirmed about 3 hours later.

Agreed. Not the 6 were supposed to be looking for.

Well, from what I've seen of the Mainz player who is the main link, he's very similar. A player who can put a tackle in but also drives with the ball and has a good passing range.

What is the 6 we're supposed to be looking for? Because we have little chance of getting a player who can play the '6' role that Gana did as well as he did.

I know he's alright people.

But... how little the Echo know is a bit painful.

The amount of times Kirkbride has done an 'inside track' piece this summer, which has been contradicted within about 12 hours, are countless.

The best was 'Delph not signed yet, heading over to Switzerland tomorrow' when Delph had been in Switzerland all that day and had signed that morning, with the deal confirmed about 3 hours later.

“Inside track on Everton’s transfer activity”

“It is unclear whether Everton would be willing to meet Juventus’ asking price. Here’s a load of stories you already know:”

Absolute scum hacks.

I'm also not saying the Echo are deffo wrong. We could well not be willing to go any higher for Zaha and that's fine.

But the fact we've gone in so high in the first place kind of suggests otherwise, to me.
I think the £80m Palace demanded was to put anyone off bidding in the first place. Correct me if I’m wrong but Arsenal never actually made a bid?

I think now there’s actual big money on the table their attitude might change.

Leao off to Italy supposedly.

(Probably been mentioned already, like)

I'm also not saying the Echo are deffo wrong. We could well not be willing to go any higher for Zaha and that's fine.

But the fact we've gone in so high in the first place kind of suggests otherwise, to me.
Yes we weren’t interested 3 days ago, put in a 55mil bid and now walking away.
I’ve believed for while now that it’s very closed shop these days.

All Alan Myers says is no, when someone asks him if the link to a certain player is true. But follows it up with “ things can change “ ha ha

“Inside track on Everton’s transfer activity”

“It is unclear whether Everton would be willing to meet Juventus’ asking price. Here’s a load of stories you already know:”

Absolute scum hacks.

They simply haven't had any info this summer. Neither has King, really, until the other day (and I think his info when it did come eventually came from the Palace side). And while I know he thought there was nothing in it, he was clearly going off gut instinct in that interview and decided he was right (even though he wasn't).

Joyce - for all his weird articles about us in the last months - got the Delph stuff. Hunter has been quiet too. But when they speak, it will still be right. They still have the same contact they had before. Info simply isn't getting out as much.

Its a real shame, ya man big Phil is doing the best he can, but he really needs to have a word with his sources.

I like Phil. He seems sound enough.

But yeh, I think the thing is he's not getting passed anything at all unless it's done, and has unfortunately been given the 'inside track' job, so he's basically having to go with what he thinks and hedge his bets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back