Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaha too pricey, Malcom going to Russia.... Wonder if we might look at Bowen from Hull. Left footed and can score.
There is Bowen and there is also the Danish 19yo Skov Olsen who would both represent lower cost options that are better options than Walcott, but they wouldn't improve our starting XI at the moment. I agree it looks like Malcolm and Zaha are now out of the running so I'd like to see us go after Neres, or maybe the right footers Everton and Lozano (both better players than Neres in my opinion but don't give us that bit of variety you get from the left footer).

He's defo got an eye for talent, but that's all he's got. A terrible director of football. Maybe he could've done a job on the scouting team but the negatives you listed are unforgivable:

Bolasie £30million 75k a week
Sandro £5million 100k a week
Williams £12 million 70k a week
Schneiderlin £24 million 120k a week
Tosun £27 million 60k+??
Walcott £20million 120k a week

£120 million wasted on utter garbage and another £500,000 a week on the wages they are or were stealing

That's utterly terrifying. I'm actually more hoping we shift out than bring in. We can't actually bring much in without selling, have to get the wage average down and get rid of some of those players we overpaid for. I know it's obvious. Was just shocked after seeing your list. And there's more (with norn iron accent)

If Chelsea would choose Zouma over Tomori + 40m, do we want Tomori?

...I really haven’t seen enough of Tomori but what I have seen he looks decent. I imagine Zouma will be ahead in the pecking order for this season, but a tougher question would be who is the better in 2 seasons time. I expect Zouma would be our main choice, be interesting if Brands sees Tomori as a short-term replacement.

£70M in fees from players he scouted and paid £24M for: Vlasic, Gueye and Lookman.

People have to start appreciating that although Walsh was no commanding DoF figure, he was and is an excellent Head Scout. He;s the best we've had since Moyes was here...a man who also, btw, should have just been hired as a Head Scout, because he is never in a million years a coach.

£25m on Bolasie

And add to that Sandro and numerous others and I think he was not as good as your suggesting

There is Bowen and there is also the Danish 19yo Skov Olsen who would both represent lower cost options that are better options than Walcott, but they wouldn't improve our starting XI at the moment. I agree it looks like Malcolm and Zaha are now out of the running so I'd like to see us go after Neres, or maybe the right footers Everton and Lozano (both better players than Neres in my opinion but don't give us that bit of variety you get from the left footer).
Skov Olsen has already moved this summer but a good suggestion still.

Eh? I thought that was my point. He's been injured most of last season.

The game's he did play isn't a valid pool to judge him on.

My point is we can't rely on someone we know not very much about, and Holgate. In my opinion. Do you think different?

Silva / Brands knew enough about his ability to take it down to the wire with Barcelona.

I trust them over you.

Not a fan of that idea.

Firstly because I don’t think many players are capable of playing 2 very different positions like that at an elite level, and secondly because it basically means 1 injury/suspension means 2 changes to the team, which isn’t ideal.
Gbamin almost exclusively plays CB for Ivory Coast and does an exceptional job. He might even be suited better at CB than CDM but that’s for him to decide.

And I disagree. We will have have lots of cover with potential back ups and subs all over the field and if one of Holgate Gbamin or Delph would get hurt/suspended there are other options in both of all of their positions to cover us in those situations. They can only play 1 position during the game anyway so if they need to be replaced it would only be 1 change.

£25m on Bolasie

And add to that Sandro and numerous others and I think he was not as good as your suggesting

I am not absolving Walsh by any means but Bolasie's injury was horrendous luck for both club and player.
£25 mil was over priced, particularly back then, but if it wasn't for that injury he'd still have some value and would have been some use to the team in the interim years.. Quite sad really as although his quality was hit and miss he did seem committed to trying to seize what was a massive opportunity for him before his injury..

I was behind the goal in the away end at Burnley when he shoved Lukaku out of the way to score, unfortauntely that was as good as it got for him.

Gbamin almost exclusively plays CB for Ivory Coast and does an exceptional job. He might even be suited better at CB than CDM but that’s for him to decide.

And I disagree. We will have have lots of cover with potential back ups and subs all over the field and if one of Holgate Gbamin or Delph would get hurt/suspended there are other options in both of all of their positions to cover us in those situations. They can only play 1 position during the game anyway so if they need to be replaced it would only be 1 change.
According to Transfermarkt he's played twice at centre half for Ivory Coast in 9 games. Not sure what 'exclusively' means in America, in England, it aint that.

The 2 changes was in direct response to somebody saying we bring him in as a kind of utility player. So he plays in midfield but then moves to centre half if one of Keane or Mina is out. That is two changes, like I said. If we were bringing him in as a centre half that would be fine (in theory, I have no idea if he can play well there) but in my opinion he needs to be one thing or the other. You don't spend £30m on a jack of all trades.

Apart from that, good post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back