Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen that on twitter. Sometimes i do forget how good Sigurdsson's passing can be. His ability to wait a split second and weight a pass correctly is brilliant.

Scary part of the whole vid was how many clear cut chances we have missed. Put a good striker and another winger in front of Sig and no one will match him for assist. Maybe the guys from City.

That twitter thread is funny. The guy stated as fact that Everton fans despise Gylfi, so the thread is full of Evertonians saying “I don’t despise him”, and then the Op arguing that they do.

Hes right in a way tho, I mean not ALL fans hate him, but theres quite a few.

I mean hes literally our best player and I find myself having to try and convince others of that undisputable fact.

But loads of people seem to think little Bernie will be replacing him, LOL.

Harsh words from SuperStatto about EFC fans but it is fair to say that video could do with an airing in the Gylfi thread every now and then when the debate starts raging.. particualrly considering that is just chances created, imagine if it included assists and goals as well! Gylfi is a class player and there are few others in the Prem who could match or better his output..
That's the difference between end product and no end product. All of those chances were clear goalscoring opportunities and were criminally squandered by poor footballers. They go in and Gylfi is remembered very differently.

According to Transfermarkt he's played twice at centre half for Ivory Coast in 9 games. Not sure what 'exclusively' means in America, in England, it aint that.

The 2 changes was in direct response to somebody saying we bring him in as a kind of utility player. So he plays in midfield but then moves to centre half if one of Keane or Mina is out. That is two changes, like I said. If we were bringing him in as a centre half that would be fine (in theory, I have no idea if he can play well there) but in my opinion he needs to be one thing or the other. You don't spend £30m on a jack of all trades.

Apart from that, good post.
Exclusively as I’m he played 3 games in Alcon. 2 starts 1 sub and only played CB while others were subbed on at CM ahead of him

That’s fair, though if our front 3 is Bernard, Kean and Richarlison I am okay. I just think we may only have funds to sign either a starting quality CB or winger, not both. I would opt for the CB as I have concerns about Mina and Keane (not individually, but as a tandem).
Sign Gbamin and we have our second Delph but this one can play CDM and CB. Also Gbamin will start

Hes right in a way tho, I mean not ALL fans hate him, but theres quite a few.

I mean hes literally our best player and I find myself having to try and convince others of that undisputable fact.

But loads of people seem to think little Bernie will be replacing him, LOL.

There’s always a few know-nothing edgelords who will argue any old guff.

I just like that the OP is telling people “You DO despise him!!!”

for anyone who thinks Walcott "can do a job" watch that video, what a horrific finisher he is

some criminal passes on there from siggy though, that one away at Chelsea is unreal
To be fair the ability to consistently get on the end of passes like that and to spot and make them runs is a skill that not many have. But he clearly lacks the composure and his habit of getting the ball and running straight into a defender is shocking. Don’t wanna get started on his passing either.

That's the difference between end product and no end product. All of those chances were clear goalscoring opportunities and were criminally squandered by poor footballers. They go in and Gylfi is remembered very differently.
I think Gylfi highlights are dangerous. Kinda like an Ozil highlight video. When he’s on the ball there’s a good chance he does something with it but when he’s off the ball he sorta disappears. Not that he doesn’t try but he isn’t physically up to par to pressure effectively as a 10

Ademola Lookman £23k £16.20m
Nikola Vlasic £30k £14.13m
Phil Jagielka £50k Free Transfer
Mateusz Hewelt £5k Released
Luke Garbutt £30k Loan
Brendan Galloway £22k Released
Sandro Ramírez £105k Loan
Kieran Dowell £15k Loan
Jonjoe Kenny £15k Loan
Shani Tarashaj £15k Tarashaj Loan
Harry Charsley £1k Released
Ashley Williams £70k Released
Gana Geuye £75k £28.8m
Antonee Robinson £16k £1.98m
Josh Bowler £3k Loan
Korede Adedoyin £116 Loan
*Joe Williams £7k £1m+
Henri Onyekuru £45k £14m

Wages per week saved £543k
More likely £438k as Valladolid won’t be paying Sandro’s.
Monies from sales £76m

Sebastian Kristensen Undisclosed
Andre Gomes £120k £22m
Fabian Delph £89k £8.9m
Jonas Lossl £35k Free
*Moise Kean £50k £27m
*J-P Gbamin £50k £27.5m

Additional wages per week £344k
Minus Gomes’ as here last season £224k
Transfer fees spent £85m.

*Deals not confirmed.

I have not added in the Reinier deal, any loan fees in, agent fees, signing on bonuses or Brownings £4m from Jan.

Gbamin is Gana's replacmenet

Delph is Schnerderlin's replacement (think he'll leave this window)

Just hope we can also offload Besic and McCarthy.

Schneiderlin going to Fenerbache on loan as soon as Gbamin signs according to Sport Witness, quoting some Turkish crowd. (admittedly not the most reliable)

Ademola Lookman £23k £16.20m
Nikola Vlasic £30k £14.13m
Phil Jagielka £50k Free Transfer
Mateusz Hewelt £5k Released
Luke Garbutt £30k Loan
Brendan Galloway £22k Released
Sandro Ramírez £105k Loan
Kieran Dowell £15k Loan
Jonjoe Kenny £15k Loan
Shani Tarashaj £15k Tarashaj Loan
Harry Charsley £1k Released
Ashley Williams £70k Released
Gana Geuye £75k £28.8m
Antonee Robinson £16k £1.98m
Josh Bowler £3k Loan
Korede Adedoyin £116 Loan
*Joe Williams £7k £1m+
Henri Onyekuru £45k £14m

Wages per week saved £543k
More likely £438k as Valladolid won’t be paying Sandro’s.
Monies from sales £76m

Sebastian Kristensen Undisclosed
Andre Gomes £120k £22m
Fabian Delph £89k £8.9m
Jonas Lossl £35k Free
*Moise Kean £50k £27m
*J-P Gbamin £50k £27.5m

Additional wages per week £344k
Minus Gomes’ as here last season £224k
Transfer fees spent £85m.

*Deals not confirmed.

I have not added in the Reinier deal, any loan fees in, agent fees, signing on bonuses or Brownings £4m from Jan.
That some work there. Not the big name deadweight transfers we were hoping for but damn Brands knows how to move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back