Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harsh words from SuperStatto about EFC fans but it is fair to say that video could do with an airing in the Gylfi thread every now and then when the debate starts raging.. particualrly considering that is just chances created, imagine if it included assists and goals as well! Gylfi is a class player and there are few others in the Prem who could match or better his output..

I think he's a great player. He may not have pace but he's got great technique, vision and ability to play others in as well as being a classy finisher.

It amazes me that some people don't rate him.

Exclusively as I’m he played 3 games in Alcon. 2 starts 1 sub and only played CB while others were subbed on at CM ahead of him
Transfermarkt has him down in midfield in all 3 games. Just had a quick google of the Mali game and a match report comes up claiming he was in midfield. I'm sure you know best though.

Would be a good deal for us if they're paying all of his wages.

Hes right in a way tho, I mean not ALL fans hate him, but theres quite a few.

I mean hes literally our best player and I find myself having to try and convince others of that undisputable fact.

But loads of people seem to think little Bernie will be replacing him, LOL.
Big money players who are good, but not that good, are always going to cop it more than anyone else.

Until the club happens upon its own version of Bale/Modric at Tottenham or Suarez/Torres at Liverpool, we're going to be frustrated by expensive players that aren't capable of dragging their teammates to another level, which is pretty much the case with Sigurdsson.

The same thing would happen if Zaha ended up here.

Also, wash your keyboard after typing that anyone other than Digne is the best player at Everton.

Make sure whatever winger we bring in is more reliable in front of goal then Walcott and we’ll be sweet

To be fair Theo obviously has an innate ability to spot runs like that and the pace to leave his markers but from that video he should have had about half a dozen more just from Sigurdsson’s through balls

People dislike Gylfi because of the pricetag combined with their own inability to understand how a player can fill more roles than just being a typical 10. Its sad really, he’s clearly one of our best players.

Schneiderlin going to Fenerbache on loan as soon as Gbamin signs according to Sport Witness, quoting some Turkish crowd. (admittedly not the most reliable)

...yep, was linked last week. Sounds like Schneiderlin is keen to go. I think I read, no loan fee as long as his wages are paid in full.

Last edited:
...yep, was linked last week. Sounds like Schneiderlin is keen to go. I think I read, no loan fee as long as his wages are paid in full.
Surprised there’s nobody bidding for him on a perm though. He impressed in the final stretch of last season imo. Although I’m sure his wages are a put off to most clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back