Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s gonna be a mad week on here the boys, strap in

Kean done by the weekend.

Gbamin I think we could see a breakthrough in negotiations soon enough. But if not, we'll move onto other targets (Lemina?), maybe just in a way to get Mainz back to the table.

Centre-back will go right to the wire. I can see us bidding for Zouma next week and seeing what happens.

Winger - definitely need one. Can imagine something coming up at the weekend.

Right-back - will be one of them. If we can get one in,it'll be deadline day.

Kean done by the weekend.

Gbamin I think we could see a breakthrough in negotiations soon enough. But if not, we'll move onto other targets (Lemina?), maybe just in a way to get Mainz back to the table.

Centre-back will go right to the wire. I can see us bidding for Zouma next week and seeing what happens.

Winger - definitely need one. Can imagine something coming up at the weekend.

Right-back - will be one of them. If we can get one in,it'll be deadline day.

I think CB, RB and winger will all be done on TDD.

You've both used the word that makes me think is a bit weird though - cover. If we're just looking for extra cover it seems a bit unnecessary to me. We've spent ages banging on about the need to trim the wage bill so it seems odd to go out and find someone to pick up another wage just to be 'cover'. We've got Holgate who could be cover and obviously we did have Kenny. If we want to replace Coleman then fine, but for cover it seems a bit over the top to me. Maybe it's just the way it's written. If he means that we want a specific right back, and that will be on loan, then that's a bit different. If he means we're scouring the loan market looking for a right back though, I just don't really see the point.

Kenny was obviously deemed not ready to replace Coleman, hence his loan.

Holgate is still getting linked to possibly being moved on.

Coleman is still okay for another season.

We desperately need players in other areas and that’s where the money will be prioritised.

So “ cover “ at the moment makes sense to me ?

I don’t know what the current running totals are for player purchases and sales but I think we will end up breaking even or maybe even seeing a slight overspend.

Just a hunch.

Estimated figures
Vlasic £15m
Lookman £17.5m
Gueye £30m
Wigan sales £4m
Henry? £15m?
Roughly £80m

Gomes £22m
Delph £10m
Kean? £30m?
Gbamin? £25m
Roughly £87m

With a winger, cb and possibly a right back to come.

Possible sales of besic, McCarthy and tosun. Can’t see us getting money from others.

I think we’ll be £50-£100m net

Not necessarily from us but anyone interested.

Napoli are obviously a top side and a mere link will cause a bad negotiator to blink and try to jump in front of them. You're bidding against yourself, there is no outside interest.
I seen a programme years ago about auctioneers
To force the price up auctioneers would take non existent bids to try and make other bidders go higher
They called it bidding against the wall

Estimated figures
Vlasic £15m
Lookman £17.5m
Gueye £30m
Wigan sales £4m
Henry? £15m?
Roughly £80m

Gomes £22m
Delph £10m
Kean? £30m?
Gbamin? £25m
Roughly £87m

Possible sales of besic, McCarthy and tosun. Can’t see us getting money from others.

Wait, we're signing and selling Roughly in the same window? At a £7m loss.

Brands is a joke.

Estimated figures
Vlasic £15m
Lookman £17.5m
Gueye £30m
Wigan sales £4m
Henry? £15m?
Roughly £80m

Gomes £22m
Delph £10m
Kean? £30m?
Gbamin? £25m
Roughly £87m

...report Onyekuru turning Monaco down and is only interested in Galatasaray (who want him on loan).

Estimated figures
Vlasic £15m
Lookman £17.5m
Gueye £30m
Wigan sales £4m
Henry? £15m?
Roughly £80m

Gomes £22m
Delph £10m
Kean? £30m?
Gbamin? £25m
Roughly £87m

Made a profit on them all but once amortization is taken into account then don't think we have made more than £60m there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back