Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly not deemed to be an area that urgently needs strengthening this season and just requires better cover than we have - MARTINA
I think consistency will be a significant part in the decision making process: while Coleman had a good end to the season, he was poor for swathes of the season.

Understandably, I know people will talk about injuries being a factor, but it's been similar for a few seasons and with him being 31 in October then cover is prudent.

He's been a great player for the club and deserves respect and applause, however sentiment can't cloud the club's judgement like it did with Baines for so long.

I think we'll already be looking for a replacement in the long-term, so if it isn't appropriate to do that now then short-term cover is quite a sensible idea.
You've both used the word that makes me think is a bit weird though - cover. If we're just looking for extra cover it seems a bit unnecessary to me. We've spent ages banging on about the need to trim the wage bill so it seems odd to go out and find someone to pick up another wage just to be 'cover'. We've got Holgate who could be cover and obviously we did have Kenny. If we want to replace Coleman then fine, but for cover it seems a bit over the top to me. Maybe it's just the way it's written. If he means that we want a specific right back, and that will be on loan, then that's a bit different. If he means we're scouring the loan market looking for a right back though, I just don't really see the point.

I don’t mind a loan deal but is there a good enough player to get on loan to challenge Coleman is the real question.

I'm not averse to going with Coleman and Holgate as back up then recruiting in January if we run out of time... Better to cross your fingers for half a season than a full one. I would have competition/replacement for Seamus as bottom of the list with striker (done, hopefully), centre back, winger and Gana 2.0 ahead of it.

If we're after Ziyech the only way to tempt him would be to make him our highest earner. I love the player but don't know if he really deserves that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back