Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
See this is part of the problem, everyone wants to develop young players, but no body wants to be patient with them or give them opportunities when they are developing.

If you want that philosophy you have to commit to it in my opinion.

That would be my approach to it anyway.
We've been patient with Davies for 3 years. I ain't given up on him but he just hasn't shown the talent others his age have shown in the top two leagues.

Good luck to the lad. Would be fantastic, if he comes good. But hedging on the bet, that he comes good is delirious and negligent.

I bloody oaf think we do. But for the same reason Jags was playing last season; it's inevitable that well need 4 centre halves.

I'm not convinced we've shown much interest in a right back either, meaning Holgate is back up.

Just think you need 5 midfielders to get through a season. There's two spots (three if Sigurdsson isn't injured); JPG, Gomes, Davies, Delph and Schneiderlin.

Can see McCarthy leaving.

Reasons why we wouldn't sell Schneiderlin just outweigh the reasons why we would sell.

I think you’re in a very small minority thinking that to be honest

No - because we have plenty of other options there.

I don’t really get your love for Schneiderlen.
Do you think he’s worth the £100k+ a week he’s getting?
Do you think he’ll start before Delph, Gomes or Gbamin?
He’s a back up player plain and simple (probably a back up to a back up) and we’re not in a position where any of our back up players should be on that much.

Do I think he is worth 100k? No. He isn't worth half that. And I've called him Schneiderfraud many a time.

Do I think he'll start before Delph and Gomes? Absolutely when it's in the DM position. We've already seen him start before Gomes in that role and do well at it.

Unless another DM is brought in, he is our second choice DM.

You need players like Tom Davies around your squad, he's a much better player than he gets credit for imo. If we ever got rid of him, we'd have to pay about £10m for a similar replacement. His role for us is a tiny bit similar to delph's stature at City.

He's reliable, you're not going to have a squad of 25 all being £20m+ players.

I think Mccarthy will go before the deadline, we have Palace interested, just playing the waiting game to get our price in the next week and if it doesn't happen we can deal at £8m.

I don't mind if we keep schneiderlin, he's the only proper anchor DM we have in the squad if we want to play that way and then next summer / January maybe replace him with someone on much lower wages given that he'll only play about 5 games. Mccarthy and besic need to go though.

How have schneiderlen and Davies looked preseason out of interest? I haven’t seen any of our games so I haven’t got a clue.

Do I think he is worth 100k? No. He isn't worth half that. And I've called him Schneiderfraud many a time.

Do I think he'll start before Delph and Gomes? Absolutely when it's in the DM position. We've already seen him start before Gomes in that role and do well at it.

Unless another DM is brought in, he is our second choice DM.

It's not a zero sum game though. Schneiderlin can go and we can bring a second choice DM in on loan, or make do with Delph until January.

His attitude since arriving has been disgusting and he doesn't justify the wage - not even close.

Jeepers. 14 days ago, Delph was backup. Now he is the defensive mid saviour, playing a pivot role he has never played before.

Exciting to be linked to good players but you do wish we had got some of them in earlier, will take till September for most to get fit and integrated into the squad so we are playing a weakened team in the early weeks waiting for the new blokes to bed in.

I think this is the way it goes. A lot goes on behind the scenes, and buyers hope that prices will reduce as deadline day approaches.

You know we signed someone yesterday right? Someone who is earmarked as being said defensive mid saviour
It was more a response to the comment about dealing with Delph til January. You need depth. Regardless of people's hate for Schneiderlin, he is still streets ahead of Davies in terms of ability and our clear front runner for the second defensive midfield role.

It may hurt, but its reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back