Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sign Doucore, maybe we're abandoning the 451 and going with a 442 diamond formation, similar to Spurs.
Gbamin at the base, Gomes and Doucore in the middle and Siggurdson ahead supporting 2 forwards.

I think Watford have already bought someone who could be his replacement.

I reckon there’s something in this. He fills a glaring hole in our squad.

We don’t have any strong runners who can transition the ball at pace from one area of the pitch to another quickly.

Doucouré ticks that box and if he comes in he gives us a different option we badly need.

A lot of the rhetoric of their fans is different at this stage, seem happy enough to let him go (albeit not to us) and for a fee of around £60 million.

The shape of transfer windows is changing in my view. It used to be prices held, and in many cases increased as the window went on. It's very much a buyers market now and the prices decline the closer they get to deadline day. If clubs needs to sell, or have planned too, or have guaranteed a player a move then the pressure of not having a buyer seems to bite as the window goes on. Prices continue to stumble and fall.

To me Brands has played this excellently, he has driven down Kean's price to below 30 million with no release fee (apparently) or at the worst a much much higher one. Gomes price was driven down to 22 million. Gbamin was £22 by all accounts too. Really pressuring the asset.

For lads like Doucoure (and to a degree Zaha) there's no way either their plan or their clubs plan was to sell to Everton this late. However the "top" teams I.E the elite teams haven't bought them, so they are in a really tricky situation. In such a situation flexibility comes into it. We are one of the few viable buyers left for them.

The other point in this, is that we are now being viewed as far more seriously than we were even 12 months ago, never mind 3 years ago. Sides in that "2nd tier" are started to reluctantly accept they need to sell to us as a business plan. It's probably been helped by the professionalism of Brands and how he doesn't ram people faces into the dirt with it in doing so.

Brands is a very astute operator and gets this. I can't imagine Doucoure was plan A, he probably wasn't seen as viable but he has come onto the radar. It's too good to turn down. I like he's opened up with £32 million, unrealistic and low but a clear signal of our intent but also we won't be taken for a ride.

I expect Zaha may re-emerge that week as well. If we can get Doucoure for close to £40 million (or anything under £50) it will be a very good deal for me. The lad is an absolute machine. Zaha at around 60 million + a player could be a useful buy too. We will see. As you say, seems something in this though.

I wonder if players will start leaving quickly next week too.

These next 5 days look set to be quite exciting by the looks of it. Hope so anyway. Would love to start the season being satisfied with the squad and with a chance of actually getting something out of it.

Might be a couple of loans too but i will take whatever reinforcements we can get.
It's gonna be fun

A lot of the rhetoric of their fans is different at this stage, seem happy enough to let him go (albeit not to us) and for a fee of around £60 million.

The shape of transfer windows is changing in my view. It used to be prices held, and in many cases increased as the window went on. It's very much a buyers market now and the prices decline the closer they get to deadline day. If clubs needs to sell, or have planned too, or have guaranteed a player a move then the pressure of not having a buyer seems to bite as the window goes on. Prices continue to stumble and fall.

To me Brands has played this excellently, he has driven down Kean's price to below 30 million with no release fee (apparently) or at the worst a much much higher one. Gomes price was driven down to 22 million. Gbamin was £22 by all accounts too. Really pressuring the asset.

For lads like Doucoure (and to a degree Zaha) there's no way either their plan or their clubs plan was to sell to Everton this late. However the "top" teams I.E the elite teams haven't bought them, so they are in a really tricky situation. In such a situation flexibility comes into it. We are one of the few viable buyers left for them.

The other point in this, is that we are now being viewed as far more seriously than we were even 12 months ago, never mind 3 years ago. Sides in that "2nd tier" are started to reluctantly accept they need to sell to us as a business plan. It's probably been helped by the professionalism of Brands and how he doesn't ram people faces into the dirt with it in doing so.

Brands is a very astute operator and gets this. I can't imagine Doucoure was plan A, he probably wasn't seen as viable but he has come onto the radar. It's too good to turn down. I like he's opened up with £32 million, unrealistic and low but a clear signal of our intent but also we won't be taken for a ride.

I expect Zaha may re-emerge that week as well. If we can get Doucoure for close to £40 million (or anything under £50) it will be a very good deal for me. The lad is an absolute machine. Zaha at around 60 million + a player could be a useful buy too. We will see. As you say, seems something in this though.

I wonder if players will start leaving quickly next week too.

Great post - Doucoure is their best player by far. But I am struggling to see how we can go for all these players and satisfy FFP. There has to be a major outgoing, otherwise we will be in trouble with that regulation.

Rakitic was one of the chief conspirators that clearly got Barcelona knocked out of the Champions League on purpose last season, so I'm afraid it's a no from me.

Hopefully, his well-publicised wrongthink will scupper any interest from Everton.

If we ship out Besic, Mccarthy, Schneiderlin and Doucouré comes in. We've got a quality midfield.

Gbamin can be CB, so we'd only have to get a loan CB in. Or make do to January.

Delph is a sicknote, and Tom Davies might go out on loan in January, so there's room for him, imo.
I don’t think Schneiderlin or Davies are going anywhere. That is wishful thinking. I wouldn’t bring in anyone until the midfield is trimmed. I don’t really know dacoures qualities but I think there are other priorities. Gbamin has played CB but I don’t know if he could do it in the Premier League. That would be a massive gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back