Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited about further new signings over the coming days but also very nervous if I'm honest.

I would have thought signing Zaha was off the scale in terms of credibility even a few days ago but it certainly seems to be gaining momentum.

I just hope that when all the numbers are crunched that we can afford and sustain what we do spend, it must be largesse from Moshiri with Usmanov's support as it's virtually impossible to see where we afford it otherwise. This is in a climate of relatively restrained spending overall and Man City backed by a sovereign state saying they couldn't afford Harry Maguire.

After signing Kean I thought we would look to add an RB on loan and maybe make one further push for Zouma and we would already have extended ourselves there and then. I don't proclaim to keep abreast of the financial side of things but surely we must run the risk of breaching FFP rules at a minimum? Do penalties only kick in if we qualify for Europe next season and if so, what are those penalties?

If we sign Zaha then we need to crack the top six minimum this year. As a fan I don't mind that pressure at all, there should be both expectation and pressure on Everton to retake our place amongst the leading clubs but boy Silva will have to deliver something if there are further big signings between now and Thursday.

I hope the numbers add up and we get some degree of relative success at the very least. We are putting huge hope and trust in the people that manage the clubs affairs on and off the pitch and there is such a longing to be mixing it amongst the big clubs. Totally right that is I just hope they do not overstretch resources in trying to get there.

I would agree, but I think Silva has thrown his toys out the pram and Mosh honestly doesnt really care about money.

I think the club is scrambling to break the SKY 6 cartel. 3 years running now and it cannot continue or you fall by the wayside.

With 3 of those clubs in flux, a big jump to muscle in would see the club alter perception with the targeted players of a young enough age to be self sustainable going forward.

A big spend, then minimal purchases needed whilst contending the top 4 spots.

Has to be the aim.

Is anyone else seriously enjoying how we're firing offers of £60m for Zaha, £30m for Doucoure, £30m for Zouma, loaning world cup winners for a few quid, and buying the best young striker around?

To top it off we have Brands giving out shirts to mums all over the shop.

It all seems to have come out of nowhere. What a time to be alive.

If all of our signings were like that then I'd worry. The fact it's only really Delph and potentially Zaha means I don't care in the slightest. You need a few players in their prime/that offer leadership, far more important than worrying about balancing the books (which is obviously important, but not the be all end all). I don't doubt he'd be a success if he comes here, excellent player who is a different player to the one that rocked up at united.
Zaha's still only 26. If he's as successful over the next 2 years as Mane has been at Liverpool, we'll be struggling to keep hold of him. And the price would be a lot more than what we paid for him.

Zaha could very easily up his game with better players around him, just like Mane did. In fact I think he could be better than him.

I just can't see it happening this late in the window. Hope it does like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back