Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see Doucoure as much as would like him. It looks another expensive deal when we are more in need of a CB/RW. Some weird things with this window we seem to be relentless at certain targets but a few of them feel unrealistic.
We'll see over the next couple of days but I definitely get what you're saying. There's been a lot of praise for Brands and all the 'you will accept whatever I offer' memes that are good for a laugh, but now it appears we're 48 hours from the close of the window and are rapidly increasing our bids for players to clubs who are just saying flat out no. No idea which way it will go, but I think your take on it is a more level headed one than many.

Players who failed in prem

Angel Di Maria
Radamel Falco
Hernan Crespo
Deco
Bastian Schweinsteiger
Diego Forlan
Davor Suker
Andriy Shevchenko

just to name a few
I aint saying that the players you named will fail but its more of a gamble than somebody who has done it in the premier
Nearly all of those came at the very end of their career or after huge injuries. Like Rooney coming back to us and saying he wouldn’t make it in the PL.

All these bids can only mean one thing .

Not to question Marcel, but messing about with late bids for central midfielders (we currently have 8 on the books) when we badly need a CB and could really use another wide forward - seems a bit odd.

We'll see over the next couple of days but I definitely get what you're saying. There's been a lot of praise for Brands and all the 'you will accept whatever I offer' memes that are good for a laugh, but now it appears we're 48 hours from the close of the window and are rapidly increasing our bids for players to clubs who are just saying flat out no. No idea which way it will go, but I think your take on it is a more level headed one than many.
Either we are negotiating with these clubs and will eventually get them in the next few days when we finally meet their valuation or we are putting down a marker (maybe in Doucoure/Zouma's case) that we want the players and will even wait till the next windows to get them. It could go either way. But at this stage I just cant see how we afford Zouma, Zaha and Doucoure. Maybe one or two I can't see all three this window but I am not privy to our budget.

It's not bizarre when you think how weak we were when Gomes or Gana were out the side. Brands is creating competition and options this is a new for us and something we should embrace.
We were debatably better with Gomes out. Look, Silva and Brands know much Gana made up for Gomes terrible defensive play. They also know how important Gomes is to our buildup and in possession. You match a more box to box guy like Doucoure with a sitter like Gbamin, Gomes is free. Siggy can also play left. In fact, he'd be PERFECT in one of those positions.

Not really. Gana has gone, Davies isn't good enough, Gbarmin or whatever he is called may need to cover CB/RB for injuries or suspensions, he wants rid of McCarthy, Schneiderlin might be off too. You need four midfielders for a full season, especially if Sig gets injured and he goes 4-3-3 like at Watford

Yeah I think it all depends on if we shift McCarthy and Schniederlin (and Besic I suppose...)

I do think some people think we should just have 11 players and that's it. As soon as we sign someone people cant wait to either shift existing players on (first teamers as well!) or put a stop to buying anyone else.

Schneiderlin is the awkward one for me, if he stays it's not the end of the world as he can do a job but I don't know if anyone will fancy buying him for a decent fee unlike the other two who we would probably get rid of for a small amount.

Not to question Marcel, but messing about with late bids for central midfielders (we currently have 8 on the books) when we badly need a CB and could really use another wide forward - seems a bit odd.

Im sure they are, Joyce said after Kean that CB was next priority but just bevause there are no whispers doesnt mean we are not working on a deal. Sidibe come out of nowhere so maybe the CB will too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back