Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely we wouldn’t be doing business with Palace for McCarthy if they won’t play ball with us for Zaha?
Be bizarre if we didn’t sell a player we don’t want and don’t need just because they don’t want to sell us their best player who they’re desperate to keep.

Crystal Palace know how much they want, it just seems that at the moment we’re unwilling to meet that

Been thinking since yesterday about the Doucoure stories which i (and most of you here) find bit weird since we already signed Gbamin and are very short in CD and RW positions.

Silva gave couple of interviews this summer which can easily be translated as him being frustrated with the transfers situation, like one day before we announced the selling of Gueye he said he is waiting for him to return so he speaks with him about his future while it was all over the internet that the deal with PSG was almost done, as if Brands and the board were selling without even informing Silva (Silva knew what was going on that's why he said what he said), Brands then went and bought Gbamin as Gueye's replacement but Silva didn't accept it, who knows what happened behind the scene and suddenly we are being linked with Doucoure out of no where, we all know that Doucoure is not Brand's target, he is Silva's target.

I'm a bit worried that things between Silva and Brands are not as good as it seems, Brand's selling & buying on his own without coordinating with Silva, i might (hopefully) be wrong, but the Doucoure stories don't make any sense, especially this late in the window knowing we weren't linked with him at all before yesterday and the general feeling around the club (including the media folks close to us) were almost certain that Gbamin was Gueye's replacement and the DM/CM positions were sorted.
Holy giant leaps and made up things off of a report of us being interested in some player, Batman.

You sound like you are the super worrying type.

I think we'll get Zaha and Zouma, but very much doubt Watford will sell us Doucoure.

Zaha wants out of Palace and they kind of owe that to him as long as they get an offer close to his worth. Yeah he wanted champs league but as none of those teams want him, his next best option is us (or Man Utd but he's not going there again). It's a bit of a joke but that he's liked every tweet and instagram post from Everton over the last few weeks is also quite telling. I just think its almost done behind the scenes bar late haggling over details.

Zouma, we'll see but I still think it will happen. Hope we go for another player like Doucoure too, times running out but we did announce 4 on deadline day last year.

Been thinking since yesterday about the Doucoure stories which i (and most of you here) find bit weird since we already signed Gbamin and are very short in CD and RW positions.

Silva gave couple of interviews this summer which can easily be translated as him being frustrated with the transfers situation, like one day before we announced the selling of Gueye he said he is waiting for him to return so he speaks with him about his future while it was all over the internet that the deal with PSG was almost done, as if Brands and the board were selling without even informing Silva (Silva knew what was going on that's why he said what he said), Brands then went and bought Gbamin as Gueye's replacement but Silva didn't accept it, who knows what happened behind the scene and suddenly we are being linked with Doucoure out of no where, we all know that Doucoure is not Brand's target, he is Silva's target.

I'm a bit worried that things between Silva and Brands are not as good as it seems, Brand's selling & buying on his own without coordinating with Silva, i might (hopefully) be wrong, but the Doucoure stories don't make any sense, especially this late in the window knowing we weren't linked with him at all before yesterday and the general feeling around the club (including the media folks close to us) were almost certain that Gbamin was Gueye's replacement and the DM/CM positions were sorted.
I think you are reading and looking a bit to hard at it. The players we are selling are one... players Silva rarely used.... or two Gana who wanted a CL challenge and play for his "dream" club. Its better to get a bit back for guys so we can invest in the future. I think Brands is really putting the pressure on Silva if anything. Going out and getting quality players to help fill the squad while still working on some huge deals. Just think if the lad goes out and lands Zouma and lets say a Ziyech/Zaha/any other links up front... If Silva doesn't perform, out the door unfortunately. I think you have to have a good relationship but understand its a business. Brands is making some ballsey moves out here trying to better the team. We will see where tomorrow lands us but for now lets just observe this magic going on behind the curtain.

Be surprised if we got any of Zouma/Doucoure/Zaha at this point in the window. All of them are important to their teams for this season so makes no sense to allow them to leave with zero time to bring in replacements. Hope I am wrong like!

Struggle to think about anything for more than 5 minutes these days. Well done you, but maybe a little more thought into coalescing your thoughts into just a couple of paragraphs? Just a respectful suggestion.

I'd gone to bed that night thinking we hadn't made late signings and woke up to news of his signing, having never heard of him.

Same.
I recall the clip sky kept playing on loop was Felli during a training routine going in on a sliding challenge and wrecking someone and having to throw the hands up apologising - kind of set the tone for his first season.

If McCarthy is going without being included in the Zaha deal I can't see us getting him at all now unless we give them like 70m upfront.
I can’t get my head around why they want the money upfront. That is not how players fees are normally paid. Out of interest did united need to pay the 50m upfront for Wan Bissaka. If not they are just deliberately putting obstacles in the way of us landing zaha, that at the end of the day, will only annoy zaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back