Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think if we dont get atleast some inkling of a deal for Zaha/Zouma/Doucoure being close/agreed in the press by the end of today its very unlikely to get done

We're only probably better up front. I'm excited about Kean but he's 19 and didn't play a lot of football last season.
I agree. Bags of potential, but young, adapting to a new club, country, food, way of life, team mates. He looks like he has all the attributes to be really great, but he will need some space to develop. He will probably have some poorer periods and the crowd will have to keep off his back.

Respectfully disagree, but it's a game of opinions isn't it. My point was really that we've lost a really important player in midfield.

He was amazing for that half season after we turned down PSG (not a surprise, to keep him in the shop window). He was great in that first season. He was good the rest of the time.

He will be difficult to replace, hopefully we’ve done that. To be seen.

IMO Digne was player of the season. But I can see why you think (I’m a left back so openly admit I appreciate the role more).

I don't think Tomori will be pursued unless they think he can provide genuine competition.

If we do get him, then they must at least think he is up to it, they won't sign him to merely bring up the numbers.

Lots of possibilities can open up on deadline day, but it is imperative we have another CB by 5pm tomorrow.

We have had a good window, but we need this and I'm sure they don't need telling.
It is possible that the deal with Chelsea has been to let them make a decision in pre-season as to whether they prefer Tomori or Zaha as a CB. We can then have whichever one they decide won't be first team choice (albeit Tomori on loan or purchase of Zouma). Would explain the lack of alternatives seemingly being pursued?

Difference with this window is we lost a couple of important first team players in Gueye and Zouma. As such I can't really decide if we've got better or worse. The only place we've definitely improved is up front, and even there we're relying on a 19 year old to bring us goals. I think we needed at least one or two more first-team quality players to feel like it was a successful window.

" Being an optimist " - IMO - we have had a successful window - jury is still out on what we brought in , that's a matter of opinion and goes with the territory

agreed losing two quality players Gueye and Zouma is a big blow this window that need replacing with the like

another two players would be ideal , as stated I would like - EG Zaha , Zouma ( Zouma ) , Gbamin seems to be the replacement for Gueye ?

Hi all,

Was wondering if you would be so kind as to help me out. On the 28th July, I completed the Snowman Legend Triathlon. It was a 1.9km swim, 92km bike and 21.5km run, which included running up the mountain Moel Siabod in Snowdonia. It was an epic event and I managed to complete it 8m17s faster than the previous year, despite it being wet and windy.

Anyway, I entered a competition with the organisers and have been shortlisted to win. All I need is for my picture (me on the summit of Moel Siabod) to have the most likes. It would be fantastic if you could click the link below and like the picture. Thats it! It would be amazing if i was to win!

Many thanks in advance and COYB's

Lads n lasses,

Lay off the virgin behaviour for 5 minutes and go give Luke a vote.

You know it makes sense xxx

With the 5pm deadline I just think its unlikely a bid would be made, accepted, players terms agreed, medical done and player signed all in the one day one never mind 3-4 players.

All the players we've signed (including Sidibe) have been reported as nearly done/deal agreed between clubs with the player travelling here for a medical the following day or so.

Not saying its impossible but being a betting man I would say any deal thats due to get done tomorrow you would imagine we would hear atleast something about an agreement / further approach made by tonight

If we only end up bringing a young lad in to cover CB Mina massively needs to improve on his first season. No reason to suggest that wont happen, we bought him for a reason and sometimes it does take players a while to adapt. However with him and Keane together we now have a lack of pace at CB which probably prevents playing a high line against certain team. This means a pressing game has less potency and 443 becomes difficult as well. Zouma was every bit as important as Kean for me. Not our fault chelsea decided to keep him but when Lampard made thst statement we needed to target a top CB with pace IMO. I dont think its negative to highlight this either.

No one will sign today, Sidibé will kick it all off around midday tomorrow. Vault me.

You are most likely right. Wasn't it Bernard that got the ball rolling last year. I think the news came out on Monday evening but he didn't officially sign until early afternoon on deadline day. Still in for a bumpy ride tomorrow I think.

With the 5pm deadline I just think its unlikely a bid would be made, accepted, players terms agreed, medical done and player signed all in the one day one never mind 3-4 players.

All the players we've signed (including Sidibe) have been reported as nearly done/deal agreed between clubs with the player travelling here for a medical the following day or so.

Not saying its impossible but being a betting man I would say any deal thats due to get done tomorrow you would imagine we would hear atleast something about an agreement / further approach made by tonight
Didn't we sign 4 players last transfer deadline day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back