Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
09:33
BREAKING NEWS

Crystal Palace yesterday rejected a £70million, plus two players, bid from Everton for Wilfried Zaha.

Palace have indicated they want north of £80m for their star asset.

ZAHA: FULL STORY

Here’s more from our reporter David Craig about Everton’s latest attempts to sign Wilfried Zaha.

He said: “Yesterday afternoon Everton went back to Crystal Palace and offered the sum of £70m plus two players in James McCarthy and Cenk Tosun.

“Palace told them categorically, no. And here’s the key point, not only did they tell them no they indicated to Everton – and this is a message to any other clubs interested in Zaha – they will not consider any offer less then north what Manchester United paid Leicester for Harry Maguire.

“They are looking for £80m plus.”

I think they would have done it by now if they were going to ask for a transfer.
I don't think these deals are happening so do we have a Plan B?

I think Palace will weaken on Zaha...Roy has already said he needs players and Zaha is apparently unhappy and wants a move. We should forget Doucoure and concentrate on Zaha and we could get him. We've offered £70 million plus two players this morning....they've said they want 'what Utd paid for Maguire' which is £80 million, and I think we could call their bluff with another 10 million. We can afford it, they will give us 8/9 million back for McCarthy, and we will get a fee in foe Schneiderlin in the European window. Zaha is possibly a game changer for us. Re Zouma, I think we will get by until January and get him then, if Chelseas ban isn't in place. Can they sell but not buy during a ban?
Another thing...we're definitely NOT skint !!

Here’s more from reporter David Craig.

He told Sky Sports News: “Zaha is continuing to train with Crystal Palace but I can tell you that at this point in time, and it’s very understandable, he’s very disappointed. He’s very disillusioned and I understand that he feels he’s been priced out of a move.

“We must also say that it’s Crystal Palace’s right to value him at what they believe they should value him at and what the market has been set a big indicator by what United paid for a defender in Maguire.

“It’s one of those situations where, at the end of the day, no-one is going to be the real winner but that’s the price. It’s north of £80m and you have a player in Zaha who at this moment is disappointed and disillusioned.”

I think Palace will weaken on Zaha...Roy has already said he needs players and Zaha is apparently unhappy and wants a move. We should forget Doucoure and concentrate on Zaha and we could get him. We've offered £70 million plus two players this morning....they've said they want 'what Utd paid for Maguire' which is £80 million, and I think we could call their bluff with another 10 million. We can afford it, they will give us 8/9 million back for McCarthy, and we will get a fee in foe Schneiderlin in the European window. Zaha is possibly a game changer for us. Re Zouma, I think we will get by until January and get him then, if Chelseas ban isn't in place. Can they sell but not buy during a ban?

We haven't offered two players. We literally agreed a fee for McCarthy seperately last night.

I imagine that will be part of the Zaha talks but it's probably to help Palace out with fees to United.

Here’s more from reporter David Craig.

He told Sky Sports News: “Zaha is continuing to train with Crystal Palace but I can tell you that at this point in time, and it’s very understandable, he’s very disappointed. He’s very disillusioned and I understand that he feels he’s been priced out of a move.

“We must also say that it’s Crystal Palace’s right to value him at what they believe they should value him at and what the market has been set a big indicator by what United paid for a defender in Maguire.

“It’s one of those situations where, at the end of the day, no-one is going to be the real winner but that’s the price. It’s north of £80m and you have a player in Zaha who at this moment is disappointed and disillusioned.”

Damn Man u, there was no need to pay 80 million for an average defender.

Didn't we sign 4 players last transfer deadline day?

Think it was 3 but again we knew Mina was all but done - Zouma and Gomes were loan deals from clubs who weren't bothered that they were leaving.

We are talking about Palace and Watfords best players who are essential to their side and will be costing around £50 million+ each - very difficult to pull off deals like that in half a day.

This toolbox will be on the telly very soon, I can feel it.

We haven't offered two players. We literally agreed a fee for McCarthy seperately last night.

I imagine that will be part of the Zaha talks but it's probably to help Palace out with fees to United.

Based on Sky this morning(repeating it now) we offered £70 plus two players. Agree there have been separate talks about McCarthy but its as broad as its long, really, include him or not theres a valuation of around 8/9 million in him. £70million plus two players is worth £100 million to Palace. So another Ten million and Zaha could be ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back