Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say we have the means and capabilities to offer £80million for Zaha. Is he worth it? i'd say no but its market rates and it's only going to get worse every year. Look at Maguire (Solid centre half, but thats it) and he goes for £80million. The worlds gone mad - but in order to push on into the top 6 or 4 we have to take the gamble IMO and join the mad party.

So stop arsing about Everton and pay them the money and lets get it on
Yes I agree with this. A lot of fans in may were saying just get Gomes, Zouma and a striker in. Saying we don’t need another big overhaul.

But I think Brands, Moshiri abs Usmanov realise prices aren’t going down. So we may as well get it done this summer. So hopefully we will be buying just a couple of players next summer.

Ah fair kop

But you know what I mean lol .

My point being being if this is right why hasn't king reported anything about it seeing as it's his paper running it?

Haha made me look like a right gimp there lol
Haha no I do know what you mean mate, and I don't actually disagree with you at all about the latest Zaha bid. My point was more about people who believe certain stories (the ones they like) without question but not others (the ones they don't) without using the same caveats about the quality of the source. When the first Zaha bid was reported on Sky loads of people said no way we've bid for him it's all made up, but it wasn't. The figures or whatever were wrong, but they were right that we'd bid. We then even had people arguing that it wasn't true AFTER the club had put out a statement saying it was! I think you can either believe everything or taking everything with a pinch of salt, but when people start saying yeah that will be true but that won't, it gets a bit silly.

Should point out that i'm not suggesting you do this regularly, I don't remember who posts what on here - with some exceptions - you just happened to be the post I was replying to at the time.

Think Zaha will happen. Player is clearly keen on move, today will be hammering out the final fee / payment arrangements.

Reckon we’ll heavily overpay in the end, but if we overpay on a good player, that’s better than our previous strategy of overpaying on garbage.

The media know we’re talking, so are just getting mileage out of making up offers and counter offers, to fill column inches. They know nothing concrete.

I find it odd that McCarthy is joining Palace considering the Zaha situation. It suggests to me that there is an understanding between the two clubs about Zaha.

But I'm buggered if I understand what it is.
On one hand I agree with this. On the other hand, business is business. McCarthy to Palace is good for all parties, so let it go through and no one cuts their nose off to spite their face.

If you were to say that the McCarthy price was lower than expected and that meant a lower price for Zaha by the same amount more or less, so the same net transfer of funds between the 2 clubs, then I'd be suspicious.

Delph, overpaying for Mina, underselling our assets. He’s still an upgrade on Walsh obviously.

My point is nobody is perfect.

Does he under sell our assets or does he operate on a you don't take the Mick out of me I won't take the Mick out of you bases.

We have been getting players for very decent fees but we've also been selling for very reasonable fees as well for our dross.

Also in a world where slab head has just gone for 85m how you can say we over paid for mina?

And what's wrong with delph?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back