Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just find it really weird going onto YouTube shows and tell people we should sign X because he does 3.2 tackles per game.

Each to their own just think it’s odd.

To be fair he has done that off invite from
Baz,
His twitter account is a great collection of knowledge of a wide range of players that he shares for free even though he pays for his software (quite expensive too)

Statistics when interpreted correctly (as he does) are far more reliable than highlight videos and “i watched him once vs such and such”

Bleak. All my Arsenal mates think he’s atrocious :rolleyes:

I thought the days of signing bigger teams dregs were over.

....well, I try not to have an opinion because we don’t truly know what ‘type’ of player Brahds/Silva want, but it’s funny that many Arsenal fans can’t believe the bid has been turned down, with some saying they’d drive him to Goodison themselves.

Folk on here seem hostile to Iwobi, but I wonder if they think he’s a similar ‘type’ to Zaha. I liked the point @TennesseeBlue made, suggesting we were after a ‘ball carrying’ forward.

in regards to Iwobi

View attachment 64530
View attachment 64531
giphy.gif
Arsenal fans with twitter names like "SakaBloodClatYang" get their opinions from nonces like DT

Genuinely was getting really excited, then hear we have tried for Smalling on loan and buying mister bang average Iwobi. Have we learnt nothing from our previous dealings and the crap we have bought? We shouldn't be buying more deadwood. We should be buying a mix of people who will immediately improve the first team or people who will be first team players in a few years. Not people to make up the numbers. There is no point buying Iwobi if we have Mirallas.

This is why we shouldn't wait until deadline day. Offer what we think, if they don't want it move on. Do it weeks ago!

To be fair he has done that off invite from
Baz,
His twitter account is a great collection of knowledge of a wide range of players that he shares for free even though he pays for his software (quite expensive too)

Statistics when interpreted correctly (as he does) are far more reliable than highlight videos and “i watched him once vs such and such”

Are you... El Pivote?

Iwobi was playing for Arsenal - loads of good attacking players whilst Zaha was playing for CPFC who are turd with players like that donkey Benteke. Raw stats are misleading without the data behind them.
If Zaha was playing for Manchester City last season, I reckon people would have been talking about him in the same terms as Sterling. Pure conjecture of course, but I think he's a more dangerous player. I doubt Sterling would have had the same impact as Zaha has at Palace.

I can understand people balking at the asking price, especially with some of the players that could be available outside the premier for literally half the price. But Zaha can be a game changer for us. Forget breaking top 6, I reckon Mosh/Silva/Brands can see an opportunity to challenge for champions league qualification next season and signing somebody like Zaha can help deliver that. That's why we are prepared to pay so much, both in transfer fees and wages.

For decades now, fans have complained that we haven't made that concerted effort to try and push on. Now that we are trying to, loads of you are moaning about it.

Throughout all this I have continually said that I don't think it will happen. Mainly because Palace can't afford to lose him and I doubted the player's desire to come here. Zaha's apparent change of heart on this has given me my first ray of hope and as I'm writing this SSN has just said he has put in a transfer request.

If we can get him for £65/70m, it would be the best deal of the whole window for any club across Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back